Where is My Fios
XxiNcArCeRoNxX

I joined Verizon because of its fast internet speeds. Right now I have a 7gb download with a 0.73 upload don't get me wrong its OK not many problems until I try to stream to Twitch and boom doesn't work . My Question is when will I get Fios and why is it taking so long I'm known as a "Hardcore Gamer" as I was told by a Verizon rep.... OK now I would like the "Hardcore Internet" I was told it would take almost 1 1/2 to 2 years !!! Is there a way to speed this up to tell someone it will be 2 years to get something that a lot of people have is just crazy I looked it up and for new jersey and they say available yea not where I'm at something needs to be done about this.

0 Likes
Re: Where is My Fios
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if anyone nearby you has FiOS from Verizon? Also, if the DSL is performing slowly, post up in the DSL forum and either I or someone else can help to get the DSL performing a bit better.

HSI forum: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/bd-p/High_Speed_Internet

0 Likes
XxiNcArCeRoNxX

Alot of people around me have a different provider because they really dont need the speeds like i do they just need to be able to search the web and email. Its not that its performing slowly the highest being provided to me is just slow in general for what I want to do. Im trying to stream live play online from my computer and that requires upload speed which im only at 0.73 Mbps which is horrible. My download speed is low but just good enough for me to play my games and not lag. I have the higest option offered in my area which is High Speed Internet Enhanced 7.1 to 15 Mbps which i dont even get the 7.1 im right under that mark which is low. I should at least be in the teens for it being the highest option and up to 15 but other then getting ripped off that way cause im paying for 7.1 to 15 and not even getting anywhere near 15 that being more then double my speed i have now.... The worst problem is my upload speed is locked at 0.75 as the higest i can get when it says i can get up to 1 Mbps which i was told by a rep that there was no way of me even getting over 0.75 let alone the 1Mbps upload speed .. For streaming gameplay from a pc you should at least have 1.5 to 2 Mbps upload speed .. So my real problem is when will Fios be in my neighborhood i live in Phillipsburg NJ i shouldnt have to wait 2 years to have the real high speed internet.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@XxiNcArCeRoNxX wrote:

Alot of people around me have a different provider..

#1 Since you said that, what different provider(s)?

#2 If FIOS is not in the area, how about Cable Internet?

#3 If you want to trouble shoot the DSL connection, start a thread in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/bd-p/High_Speed_Internet with this info...

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes