Why can no one tell me why I can't get faster Internet speeds?????!?!?!?!?!?
yld2rob

I have called Verizon a few times and can't seem to get a straight answer. I have Fios 35/35 Internet plan currently. When I upgraded to the 35/35 speed, I got a call back from a tech that told me I won't be able to get 35 upload speeds but I would get about 23 MBPS instead. He told me he would give me a little more download speed. I get 42MBPS down. I have been very happy with the service so far. Now I want faster speeds and no one can tell me why I can;t get them. Is it bcause of the ONT? I have even tried the upgrade center online and when I try to choose another Intenet package or tv package it just says "loading please wait" forever, times out and never gives me any options. Help! 

0 Likes
Re: Why can no one tell me why I can't get faster Internet speeds?????!?!?!?!?!?
tns
Master - Level 2

ONT is probably envolved, and perhaps the Office you connect to is not equipped to handle it yet.

Re: Why can no one tell me why I can't get faster Internet speeds?????!?!?!?!?!?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

unless you are in an apartment complex, you should be able to get like 50 or 75 on the low end, depending on what kind of ONT model you have.   the area that you are in and the network terminal you have determines whether you can get faster speeds.  so it's not simply a matter of changing out the network terminal to get faster speeds, that is one piece of it, but also it's a function of the area you are in as well, whether it's head end equipment has been set up. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing to keep in mind too, if a tech said his ONT wouldn't do more than 28Mbps up, he might need his ONT changed out anyways as it might be an old BPON Alcatel ONT that suffered from an upload limitation.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also it;s noteworthy that the tech might have been talking about max on wireless.  hardwired, you should get your speeds if not a little extra,  most people on the 25/25 plan that are hardwired get 43mb downloads.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

One thing to keep in mind too, if a tech said his ONT wouldn't do more than 28Mbps up, he might need his ONT changed out anyways as it might be an old BPON Alcatel ONT that suffered from an upload limitation.

The old 610+ had the same upload speed issue at 29Mbps. But are we talking 25/25 or 35/35?

0 Likes