WiFi Connection to mobile devices
Janine21
My router is located in the basement at one end of the house and is hard wired to a desktop. My bedrooms are located on the 2nd floor on the opposite side of the house. This is a small ranch style house. We are not getting WiFi connection in the bedrooms, therefore I am paying a lot extra for data used on my kids iPhones (5S). Any suggestions to get the phones connected would be very helpful. thanks!
0 Likes
Re: WiFi Connection to mobile devices
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the simplest way to solve your problem.  Look at the specs and reviews on Amazon.  People who have used them on this forum swear by them upholding the 4+ stars rating on Amazon.

What ever you do DO NOT buy a less expensive wireless repeater.  This device uses the coaxial cable that FIOS TV uses.  If you have a coxial jack upstairs you are good to go.

You can also check the availability of this item directly from Verizon perhaps for less money, but after taxes and shipping you will have to make the call.

Actiontec Single Dual-Band Wireless Network Extender and Ethernet Over Coax Adapter (WCB3000N01)

Price:$99.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
0 Likes
Re: WiFi Connection to mobile devices
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Here's a link where you can order the device CaptainSTX recommended directly from Verizon:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts

It's the third device from the top of that page.

0 Likes