WiFi running awful of late (have done the usual steps)
neddoge

I pay for 25/25 speeds, and I have been getting nothing more than 1-15 download and 3-20 upload lately.  Now I'm alright with the upper ends of this as I'm running a router (albeit, I'm a stone's throw from my router in a tiny 700 sqft apartment); however, my internet has been dropping quite frequently the last 48 hours and I'm lucky to be at the low range.  I actually got decimal numbers for one speedtest that I ran last night!  What is going on?  I'm relatively tech savvy, and have reset the router a few times now.

Up until recently, I've been maintaining the upper (acceptable) limits of my network access. 

0 Likes
Re: WiFi running awful of late (have done the usual steps)
neddoge

Note, 15 ping & 3:6 (D:U) respectively the last I just ran it.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You've "done the usual steps" but some more specifics might help a fellow user here on the forum to come up with an idea for a suggestion to solve your problem.

What model router are you using?

Is the slow speeds problem happening at a regular time of day, such as  the evening, but OK at other times of day?  Or is it slow at any time of the day?

What part of the country are you in?  There have been others posts on the forum about slow periodic slow speeds and those problem seem to be in a few parts of the country.

And can you run the speedtest with a PC or Mac connected to your router by Ethernet cable, rather than wifi?  It's an important step in troubleshooting speed problems to eliminate wifi factors as the problem.

0 Likes
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Before you can fix your problem you need to determine if the slow down is on the WAN (internet side ) or your LAN.

Test you LAN first using the various utilities available and see if it is your WiFi.

0 Likes