Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
vina05

Wifi Protected Set Up

Does anyone know how to turn on the wifi protected set up button to link my router to my wireless printer?

Silver Contributor IV
Anti-Phish

Re: Wifi Protected Set Up

wifi protected setup is not supported.

Contributor
bb2k
0 Kudos

Hi, Anti.  Does "not supported" mean "disabled"?  I looked around MI424WR-GEN2 documentation, and the management UI, but couldn't find a way to disable it.  CERT recently noted a vulnerability in Wifi Protected Setup (WPS).  I'd like to make sure it's turned off.

MVP
Smith6612
0 Kudos

bb2k wrote:

Hi, Anti.  Does "not supported" mean "disabled"?  I looked around MI424WR-GEN2 documentation, and the management UI, but couldn't find a way to disable it.  CERT recently noted a vulnerability in Wifi Protected Setup (WPS).  I'd like to make sure it's turned off.

Simply means the router doesn't make use of WPS yet. No driver support for it in the router. As long as pressing the WPS button on the router doesn't allow you to set up a computer using WPS or modify your security settings, you're golden.

========
The first to bring me 1Gbps Fiber for $30/m wins!
Contributor
manchildsgt77
0 Kudos

Sooo.... What I'm hearing is..........If my bluray player is wireless WPS only, then I can not use the internet on that Bluray player.  Or, if I have a universal WiFI internet Adapter that requires you to press the WPS button to link together, all I have is a $40 plastic paperwaeight????????  Verizon your not my best friend right now.  Oh wait, they did say I could by another router for $150 (way to stick it to the little guy).

Silver Contributor V
TNS_2

manchildsgt77 wrote:

Sooo.... What I'm hearing is..........If my bluray player is wireless WPS only, then I can not use the internet on that Bluray player.  Or, if I have a universal WiFI internet Adapter that requires you to press the WPS button to link together, all I have is a $40 plastic paperwaeight????????  Verizon your not my best friend right now.  Oh wait, they did say I could by another router for $150 (way to stick it to the little guy).

I have never heard of any device, blu-ray or otherwise, that was WPS only.  Normally you can still configure manually.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411