Wireless Devices Cannot Connect When Main Compute On
tripperm

Hi everyone,

I've had FIOS for about 6 months now and have not had any issues until the last 2 weeks. Currently my main computer is hooked up directly to the router through a cable, and my lap top and iphones connect wirelessly. What is happening now is that if I turn my main computer on and log in, all of the wirless devices are dropped. If I then try and reconnect the wireless devices, i get a cannot connect error. The moment I turn my main computer back off, all the wireless devices can reconnect.

I'm going to try the following tests tonight to try and narrow down the problem further:

1) Does the problem still happen if my main computer is not connected to the router (trying to rule out any kind of weird interference - doubtful though because the router and computer are at least 8 feet apart).

2) Does the problem happen if I sit at the login page for my main computer and not log in

3) Does it happen when booting in safe mode.

Anyone else have any ideas about what could be going on? I ran a virus scan and everything looked ok. I also rebooted the router and even reset it, to no avail.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Devices Cannot Connect When Main Compute On
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Think I'd turn the router off for a minute or two, then turn it back on and see if the issue disappears

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Think I'd turn the router off for a minute or two, then turn it back on and see if the issue disappears

0 Likes
tripperm

Thanks for the help. I turned off the router and left it off for a good 10 minutes. When I turned it back on the problem went away. I guess the first time I turned it off I didn't leave it off long enough.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Likes