Wireless connection issues
Robyn

The connection on the PC works just fine, but whenever I try to connect to the internet wirelessly from my laptop I keep getting the "Limited to No Connectivity" balloon on the bottom of the screen. I hit 'repair' but it gets to the Renewing IP Adress point and says it can't renew the address because 'the network did not assign a network address to the computer'. I don't even know if that means my laptop or my PC.

I went through all the steps I found online (rebooting the router/modem, checking the IP address, etc) but nothing seems to work.

I even pasted 192.168.1.1 into my web browser address bar, and a verizon page came up but any time I type the password extra characters appear on the screen. Just a little aggravating to say the least.

Does anyone actually know a way that I can fix my wireless internet so I can connect?  

0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection issues
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had this exact problem.  I noticed that Windows Update (I have Vista) had an optional update for my wireless (Realtec).   I ran this Windows Update, restarted my computer and haven't had any problems since then with the limited connectivity issue.  Hopefully your problem might be same and easily fixed!  🙂
0 Likes