Re: Worst Customer Service experience ever.
brodriv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rojega, this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. How was it every resolved? It has been 10 days... Only we don't have Time Warner as an option here! So Frustrating!!!

PJs7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been there done that. If you have to contact them for tech support via the phone, put your bluetooth/speakerphone on. You ARE going to wait. And no, they won't pay for ppl with knowledge, so all have to read from the script (they barely pay enough to get ppl that can read!). Verizon is and has been notoriuos for "get em signed up, then leave em hangin." They aren't concerned with it either, has been like that forever and they make no-zero-nada effort to improve it. That is why you are here, best chance of getting real help. 

I could never figure how they justify bringing a digital signal up to your house, downgrading it to an analog signal, then tell you if the digital signal is what you want, you have to pay extra for it, every month? what we get for letting communication company's become like the monopolies of old?

rant done... patience is a virtue. Good luck

brodriv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, PJ. Agree 100%. My issues were only resolved after I learned that my colleague's husband works for verizon. He came to our rescue, fought with other verizon reps on our behalf, and it only took him 2.5 hours of debating with them on the phone and being transferred to a dozen different people. But at least he got somewhere and 12 hours later, we FINALLY had service. These monopolies are no joke.

Re: Worst Customer Service experience ever. - No Way to Report Downed Wire
Ericsegg1
Enthusiast - Level 1

No way to report a downed Wire
The worst, worst, worst, customer service experience of my life.

I am trying to stop children from playing with a downed wire fallen from a telephone pole. I know it is a Verizon cable (it goes to the Verizon box in my basement). 

No way to get a human being on the phone, multiple rude customer service reps, multiple transfers to wrong departments.

Unbelievable really.

AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Ericsegg,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
watice
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the opposite experience. During Hurricane Sandy, in NYC, I was able to report a downed FIOS line within a few minutes. Actually had a trouble ticket # before the entire line burned off (or was chopped off by the fire department). I guess experiences vary widely.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears you no longer need assistance. Please make a post anytime you need assistance.
0 Likes
beammeupscotty1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree! I'm just trying to disconnect my service. After about 6 trys, screw them. Spent from 6:12 this Sat. (Easter weekend 4/19/14) during what I thought would be a slow call in time (people out shopping, cooking for Easter, having dinner.... whatever.) trying to get all 3 service disconnected for 6th day to NO avail. That means I could spend another 5 1/2 or more (oh, JOY!)) hours of my life (listening to scratchy nerve jangling music) just trying to get free of the ridiculous cost of $160.00 per mo.. According to the second human (who put me on hold for a good 40 minutes) my request to discount was noted on March 25th.. It is now the 19th of April and I can't get to what must be the ONLY human on earth to get this straigtened out. Tonight I used my cell, my PC which has been hooked up to Comcast since April 19th) and my home phone to try to get the real person who would disconnect my tonight. Laugh if you want, I was closer to tears, but after accidently cutting off one long on "hold" call and trying again, I went to the grocery store with that horrible scratchy recording playing on my cell in my purse. Sometime after 9:30 pm at the store, the call was either dropped or the last human standing at Verizon picked up. I just want out and to be cut OFF Verizon. I hope someone reads this and decides to contact me from this company that should be paying US, "the valued customer(s)" to put up with the nonsense and total lack of decent comunnication systems. I won't even go into how ridiculous it has been to try to save 473 email contacts and how many phone calls just that time alone has cost me. So, here you have it..............my bill which now is in excess $704.90 will not be paid unless I hear from you this coming week. The charges of $167.46 that were added on April 10th were not going to be paid by me anyway. The pro-rated charges from March 25th on (roughly $80.00)......................those are scrapped, too. The remaining balance of approx. $457.44..........................well you better just catch me quick, this coming week, or those are getting chalked up to my lost time and wages due to the fact that the human element is totally missing at Verizon. According to you, I must place the disconnect order by phone, not computer or via robot. Will I miss you Verizon? When pigs fly. Beam me up Scotty. (Oh, and let's deduct from whatever bill you may want to send me the time it took to type up this vent at your outrageous joke of any really viable customer service.) Bye now!                         PS-Those great rates that you offer new customers, they should be coming to your older had it up to here peeps like me that would sooner cut of their dominate hand than make one more phone call to customer service. Please pass this on to whomever is getting the millions for running this pitiful excuse of a company. If you think I'm an exception.......................just keep reading some of your other customers problems on this forum.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
DonewVerizon

WORST CUSTOMER SERIVCE EVER!!

Just finished with Verizon's "Elite" service or "customer retention"

Believe me, they need work if they expect to retain any customers.

The guy repeated a script about 30 times, and when he re-capped our conversation, he misrepresented what I had said.

In short, it took over 30 minutes to do a disconnect, and the only thing he offered was the same $30 billing discount for 12 months, that would have just brought the price down to what they origianlly promised, over the phone, 6 phone calls ago.

Even when I told him I didn't want the discount, he proceeded to offer it to me 3 or 4 more times, always accompanied by a recitation of how Verizon had the best service in the country, blah, blah ,blah. Really obnoxious.

The worst---  refused to bill me what was promised.

0 Likes