Worst Customer Service experience ever.
Hari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to contact the customer service for the last two days.  The website says 24/7 but it is a total lie.  I waited on the line for more than 40 minutes on both these days.  Cannot reach a human.  Very very frustrating. 

I recently changed to Verizon from Timewarner.  That is the biggest mistake.  Its just been two months now.  First of all the wireless router/modem provided by Verizon is pathetic.  Wireless connection is very very slow and it is a shock to me.  My internet TV is not even able to stream for more than 10 minutes.  I had no such problems when I had Timewarner.  This is true and not a lie. 

The only reason I shifted to Verizon, I added cable service and read that cable clarity is good in Verizon.  But enough is enough.  I cannot bear this non sense anymore. 

Worthless Router/modem.

Worthless customer service.

When I want to order a new connection, a customer service agent speaks to me right away.  But when we want to talk to someone on technical support, no one even picks the phone. 

Now someone please tell me what is the procedure to disconnect from VERIZON. 

Tags (1)
Re: Worst Customer Service experience ever.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

1. Verizon definitely has 24/7 tech support. What number are you calling? What options are you selecting? The robo lady can only send you where you tell her you want to go, and "Customer Service" is not the same department as "Technical Support" - Also, there's a chat and/or email option if the phone wait time is too long. (See Verizon's Contact Us page for details)

2. Have you tried changing the channel on your router? Removing sources of interference? Both of these things can do a great deal to improve your wireless speed.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
A lot of Verizon users do exactly what you want to do and do so flawlessly, so you may have something simple like wireless interference.   Changing channels is exactly what you want to do as somegirl pointed out, so you you can do that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

Alternatively if you have a 2nd wireless router that worked well before, then go ahead and connect it to the network. Here is an excellect walk through for that. 

If you want to disconnect instead then you just call them at 800 VERIZON and use the menu system to choose disconnnect service.   You will be sent boxes to return the cable boxes and to return the router.   I think you're problems are fixable though, but if you are over it, then you can call to disconnect.   Any UPS will take the return equipment.   They do not send a technician to pick up equipment, and the Verizon ONT and BBU (fiber terminal and battery back up unit) will both stay in place. 

0 Likes
Hari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont remember the exact path I am following while making the call, but as and when it is asking to provide inputs I am doing so.  Several times during the call, the robo lady says, "Please wait and we will connect you to a representative" but again after few seconds she says, "all of them are busy".  She then starts asking me thousand quesitons.  Chat is not 24/7. 

I havent tried changing the channel on the router.  I will try that. 

Thanks for your time and suggestion. 

Hari2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, will try both the methods and let you know

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router provided to you can be made better with a small amount of work. If you log into the router at http://192.168.1.1/ with the Username of admin , and the password being your router's Serial Number (found on the bottom sticker of the router, this is Case Sensitive!), you can change the wireless settings. It's a good idea to disable Wireless Auto Scanning, if the Verizon Router supports that and to lock the channel to Channel 1, 6, or 11. Make sure to check the option on the page to keep the channel setting on reboots. Additionally, switch the Wireless to use WPA2-PSK AES instead of using the default WEP mode, as it is not only more secure, it is better suited to handle higher speeds. Just be sure that your devices support this mode. Lastly, in the Advanced Wireless Settings there's an option to lock the router to use B/G Mode. Set it to use only Wireless G mode. Doing this should speed up the wireless a large amount. Just keep in mind, it isn't a Wireless N router (even the Rev. F routers, if you got one are not N) so if you had an N router previously while you were connected to Time Warner's Network, that might also explain it. Your old router can be hung off of the provided ActionTec/Westell if  needed.

As for the customer support, I suppose I can't help you there 😞 It was a lot better (in my honest opinion from observations) back when FiOS first came out. FiOS is great for the service it provides, the support just happens to be lacking in areas as you've found out.

EDIT: Looks like others beat me to the answer. Page didn't even finish loading completely when I finished reading your post 😕

2415elcapotian

Verizon is without a doubt IS the worst customer service on the planet! They control the market! They have no class what so ever!

I understand greed, but would it hurt them to have some decency and competence?

0 Likes
Shawnn1

Let me tell you!  I have had Verizon DSL for years.  I am an IT professional for the military and have an intimate knowledge of networking and communications.  I have been out of internet service for a week.  It all started when I added telephone service to my existing DSL service.  Of course the sales staff was extremely helpful and tried to upsell as much as they could…  I get it.  That is their job.  BUT, when the day came and the phone started working, the internet stopped.  I troubleshot everything on my end and then called tech support.  These geniuses have little to no professional IT experience and read from a script.  They elevated my trouble ticket to “the next level”.   They stated that it must be a problem with the lines.  Here is a hint.  If my phone is working, the line is fine.  But I’ll play.  I took a day off work and waited for the line jockey to come to the house 48 hours later.  He never showed up.  I was hot.  I called back only to discover that they had no record of my trouble ticket.  Pure **bleep**.  I started a new trouble ticket.  Again it went up to the point where they said that a contracted service man will come out.  I didn’t fall for that again.  I let my wife stay home and wait this time.  Wanna take a guess?  That’s right, no call no show.  I called back and spoke with a manager.  He explained that it was a problem with the way the order was put in.  Apparently, one of these highly skilled individuals didn’t put a check in the box that made it a dual line.  He of course couldn’t do anything because it was after 5pm and that department doesn’t work night and weekends.  He assured me that it will be on by 5pm the next day.  The next day is Saturday, and he just got done telling me that department doesn’t work weekends.  What a joke of a company!  I am currently shopping for a better solution.  I will never recommend this company to anyone.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Shawnn

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Rojega

I had the same problem!  I had broadband internet and I added the phone line and upgraded to FIOS.  Biggest mistake ever!  Sad case?  Contract still has 1 more year on it and I'm an online student!  As soon as this crap service is up I am so out of here.  I am being double billed now to top it all off!  Who pays $168 dollars a month for internet and phone bundles! I paid $106 last month and online it was showing a credit because I "overpaid"  I just checked and now it says  I owe $263.87!  These people don't know their right hand from their left.  I have a 2 inch binder full of notes on who I talked to in each of the 50 f***** states and the people that I have spoken to.  Excuses ranged from:

- They elevated my trouble ticket to “the next level”.

- They stated that it must be a problem with the lines.

- They had no record of my trouble ticket. 

-  Had to start a new trouble ticket. 

-  When I called the next day a "rock ticket"  was supposed to be issued.

-  Next day another "rock ticket" was issued because the previous person never put it in. 

-  Next day another "rock ticket" was issued because the previous person never put it in.  (this is not a typo)

-  Next day another "rock ticket" was issued because the previous person never put it in.  (this is not a typo)

-  I called back and spoke with a manager. He explained that it was a problem with the way the order was put in.

-  Person I spoke with didn’t put a check in the box that made it a dual line.

-  Person I spoke to said that my bill was weird that he had never seen a bill like mine. (thanks Einstein -.-)

-  Nothing could be done because it was after 5pm and that department doesn’t work night and weekends.

I basically got the same response everytime I called.  And I have called too many times to count.  I guess I could just drop the service now that the semester is up and switch to time warner after all. 

My friend also got verizon and I told her before she got it not to do it!  Guess what?  Our problem is now her problem!  So, it's nothing isolated.  Verizon just has crappy service.  So, I guess that if I have to pay $300 to get out of my contract it will be a small price to pay.  Mood: Dissapointed in Verizon

0 Likes