Worst Install Experience
kentonspr

I just moved from an apartment to a home and wanted to move my FiOS service.  The install was scheduled for the 28th of Decemeber and is probably one of the worst installer experiences I've ever had.  Not to mention it seems the installer couldn't complete the job and after 2 calls into VZ over the last week I've still not heard anything about a reschedule.  Some of the problems seemed like lazyness and others were just baffling - 

1. I'd like to connect my Cisco routers to my FiOS line like I've been doing for the last year or two. The tech was exteremely reluctant to use Ethernet instead of MoCA. I have 2 Cat6 runs from the ONT location to my network box inside. One for phone and one for Ethernet and he acted like it just couldn't be done.

2. The tech came into my home, and when I took off my shoes to go upstairs on new carpet to where the router would be installed, he decided it would be ok to just wipe his muddy shoes on a piece of cardboard he laid down instead of removing his shoes or covering them with something.

3. After deciding it was too cold in my house, the tech adjusted my thermostat to make it warmer. 

4. He started eating his breakfast. 

5. After about 30 minutes of sitting in his truck he said there needed to be a contractor requested to run a new fiber and conduit from down the street to my home.  It seems he ignored the VZ box next to my driveway that has an empty conduit and pull string.

6. It's been almost a week and I've not heard a single thing back. After 3 years of no problems on my FiOS, this is ridiculous.  I work from home and with no internet I've now got to drive an hour each direction to go to my office every day of the week.

Has anyone else had this poor of an experience with an installer?  I know things happen with regards to fiber runs as I work in the telecom industry, but the professionalism of the tech was horrible. 

Kenton

0 Likes
Re: Worst Install Experience
DiRt_DeViL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine wasn't as bad, after 2 re-schedules the inside work was ok but the cable that goes from the street to the house was never dug in, is actually over the grass and under about 10" of snow right now.

0 Likes
Re: Worst Install Experience
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

kentonspr,

Since we haven't heard back from you confirming this got fixed as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes