Xbox 360 Fios App Skipping
Hildy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else ran into this issue where the live tv skips back a few min then jumps to current skipping anything inbetween. Some days I can watch an hour with no issue other days I can only get about 2min in. I'm hardwired. I've also tried wireless incase it was an issue with my cable or the switch ports.

I've opened all the ports per LIVE support suggestions. Uninstalled and reinstall the app and the last Dashboard update. I'm at a loss here. Of course VZ tech support says there is no issue on their end. 

Plus I just went through 3mo of Intermitant service lag which they fixed by rebooting the PON card. So short of replacing the PON card, my service has just gone to crap.

0 Likes
Re: Xbox 360 Fios App Skipping
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This almost seems like an app issue. I don't remember where I saw other mention of this issue though 😞

0 Likes
megaskywarp
Enthusiast - Level 1
this is a Verizon issue! it's not your equipment or the app. it's live streaming, it doesn't dvr the stream so it's impossible the shipping back 5 minutes could be blamed on the Xbox app or Xbox live. this is total nonsense that Verizon isn't fixing this. it makes this app useless and makes Verizon look terrible... maybe Comcast would be better choice. **bleep**!
twizzlocc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I wish they would fix this!

velvetsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same issues - the Verizon Fios XBox App will skip back in time, often skipping to the same point in the program, numberous times, before jumping back to real time.  Changing the channel temporarily resolves the issue.  This has been happening since I moved into a FIOS house in February.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can think of and know that this an issue with the App or Server, not my network nor my XBox

NOT THE NETWORK CONNECTION:  I have tried three different routers with carying security, wireless n, g, and mixed bgn modes.  I have mapped traffic on the network and wifi spectrums, ensuring strong signal.  I have used this when no other traffic was on the network.  Direct cat 6 cable to the Verizon modem to the XBox still has the issue, so this is not wireless.

NOT THE NETWORK:   I have disabled the firewall entirely and had the XBox reside in the DMZ.  I have checked bandwidth and the XBOX had full QOS rights and even made sure the XBOX was the only IP on the router.  Tried static and dynamic addressing.  Netflix, MLB live baseball and online games work flawlessly on the same xbox.

NOT XBOX SETTINGS:  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times.  I have cleared the cache (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache) and still occurs.  I have left the XBOX unplugged overnight - long enough for all WiFi settings to be forgotten as the capacitor discharges - the issue still occurs.

It MUST be a server side issue.  Where MLB and Netflix will decrease quality of video for any TCPIP hiccup, FIOS reverts an earlier cached part of the programming on that channel.

0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've experienced a lot of skipping on the XBOX 360 FIOS app myself. It definitely is not optimized the way it should be. As more people move to IPTV, this will hopefully get better with time.

0 Likes