Yahoo Portal
Kiran2433

I am a new customer for FIOS Internet and Voice plan. I want to link the accounts from  Member Central. I cannot link them because I am currently associated with a Portal Partner. I cannot find a way to remove Yahoo association with Verizon.NET

There is a option to switch to AOL. I do not want either of them. Now nobody at Verizon seems to have the knowledge to fix this problem. I have spent several hours on phone trying to get a solution but the knowledge base with Verizon support is really very poor. Can someone help me?

I want to create a phone log. When I click on that link from MyVerizon, the registration bridge checks for the account details and options available. It finally gives me the following result.

Please contact the Verizon local business office.
8/21/2009 10:34:39 PM  
Sorry, we are unable to continue your order at this time. Please try again later or contact your local Verizon business office for assistance.  
For Your Home  Customer Service
New Jersey  1 800-427-9977
1 800-560-4652 (Centro Hispano de Verizon)

This is happening for more than 24 hours now and Verizon has no clue of what is going on.

I asked verizon to simply delete my online registration and I will create a new account with my home  phone number. However Verizon support cannot even do this for me. I will appreciate any help from Verizon or its customers on the forum. 

Best Regards

Kiran

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo Portal
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Verizon tech support has an option to remove the portal partner from your account, but it doesn't happen instantly.    it takes like 24 - 48 hours for them to change you off of yahoo.  but you gotta call customer service at 8885531555
0 Likes
swilson1965

Beware.  The 888 number refered me to the local "Encore Team," who told me I was stuck with Yahoo for six months.  

My wife mistakenly signed up for the "portal partner" deal with Yahoo.  She thought it was just going to install some silly toolbar that

would make it easier to integrate her Yahoo account with her Tivo. Little did she know that she was moving OFF the Verizon mail servers, that the process would take 24 hours, that none of the rest of us would be able to set up new email accounts in the meantime, and that we'd be stuck with Yahoo.  

The Encore Supervisor basically told me we were stupid for not reading the user agreement closely.  (Okay, he didn't use the word stupid, but that was the message he was passing.)  I told him that it was poor customer service to bury important points of the contract in the fine print, but he still just kept saying, "It's your responsibility."  

I'm very pleased with the signal quality, but being blown off and made to feel stupid tempts me to use my 15-day out clause and switch back to Comcast.  But Comcast hasn't been too good to deal with either.  

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you are on the yahoo portal you can sign up for Verizon and Yahoo email. The primary holder has to sign in and set up sub accounts. I'm on the old MSN portal and I have e-mail addresses at both and sub accounts.
Message Edited by Telcoguru on 08-25-2009 05:38 AM
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are having trouble with Yahoo's service, you have the option to switch to AOL. Once switched to AOL, your account will be back to using Verizon's servers for everything. This means no more redirects from "My Account" to the "Member's Center" and Verizon will be able to support any mail issues you have directly.

There is some additional software that becomes available when choosing AOL, but you can choose not to install it if you don't want it.

It is important to note that if you move away from Yahoo, all of your mail and contacts will stay on Yahoo's servers. I would suggest setting up a client like Outlook Express to pull your content from your account before making changes if you choose to leave Yahoo.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes