amazon kindle
chefben1
Enthusiast - Level 1

trying to connect to my wireless network with no luck. the kindle can see my home wireless network but evertime I try to connect it says that it can not and that the password is invalid. I have checked my modem several times and nothing is wrong on that end.

Re: Amazon kindle
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@chefben wrote:

trying to connect to my wireless network with no luck. The kindle can see my home wireless network but every time I try to connect it says that it can not and that the password is invalid. I have checked my modem several times and nothing is wrong on that end.

What encryption settings are you using?  The Actiontec router is configured to use WEP encryption (not very secure) be default.

Encryption settings have to match on the Actiontec and the Kindle.

Re: amazon kindle
fabmarcie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same problem.  You have probaly figured it out by now, but perhaps this will help someone else.

First re-boot by sliding the power switch off.  I don't know if this had any consequence, but it only takes a sec. Get a fresh start.

Then, this worked for me for some reason...

The Kindle has two ways of entering digits:  One with the SYM menu (this did not work for me) ~OR~  Alt-Q for 1, Alt-W for 2, etc left-to-right across the top row of the keyboard, to Alt-P for 0.  Like how you hit the UP ARROW (in the far lower left of the keyboard) for shift to make a capital letter.  This way worked for me. 

Make sure you use caps, as well.  For example, if the first two characters in your WEP are A2, use these four keystrokes: UP ARROW,  A,  Alt,  W.  Continue for your entire WEP key.

Maybe the Kindle just has to get its feet wet before it gets used to the water.... 🙂

boconnor
Enthusiast - Level 1

THe above fix worked but instead of the password enter the Security key as described above

MsWhite1

Thank you so much for the tip. It is indeed the securitykey that needs to entered into the Kindle wireless setup screen.

You rock!Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes