cannot access forums via Firefox
Mike_Agner1

I receive authentication errors when I tried to register via Firefox 3.6.8  It has been set to accept cookies, and the Noscript plugin has been modified to allow this page.

When I spoke with a tech person, he thought there was a plugin that is needed - however he didn't know anything about it, nor was there anything on the forums page that addressed it. I'm currently using IE7 (yechh!) to access the forums, but surely it's just some setting(s) that need changing.

The question is what are they?

Best Regards...Mike

0 Likes
Re: cannot access forums via Firefox
prisaz
Legend

I am using the same Version of Firefox. Perhaps it is your noscript. Try allowing lithium.com

Mike_Agner1

Nope, that's not it. Lithium is already in my whitelist. Thanks for trying anyway    Mike

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same here ... Firefox 3.6.8 ... no problems accessing the forums.   I did have some weirdness for a while a few weeks ago where the first login attempt would fail, but then if I immediately typed in the forums URL a second time, it would work.

I eventually re-installed Firefox and cleared all history, cookies, and passwords from the cache and things started working properly.   So maybe you have a similar scenario going on.

Justin46
Legend

I use Firefox successfully also, although I am using 3.5.11.

I believe it is likely to be one of your add-ons. An easy way to check is to temporarily start Firefox with no add-ons. If the newer version of Firefox is like mine, when you install it you get two entries in the Programs list (from the Start button): Firefox, and Firefox (Safe Mode). So shut down Firefox if it is running, and try using the Firefox (Safe Mode) startup, that will tell you quickly whether it is something in your add-ons or configuration.

Now if that works, then you need to figure out which add-on or configuration option is causing the problem. You can start by disabling one add-on at a time (restart of Firefox usually required) or start with none and add one at a time. And unfortunately, with configuration options, you may have to follow the same general procedure.

Is there a specific error message you are getting?

Keller, TX 76248