connection problems with Panasonic Viera TV via WIFI to MI424WR router
4mac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot connect my new Panasonic Viera TV (TC-P55ST50) via WIFI to my FIOS MI424WR router.

It works with NO security turned on, but will not connect with WEP turned on (which I want for security).

I have triple checked I am entering the password correctly (even changed it and re-entered it) and no luck.

Any suggestions?

Is this a TV issue?

A FIOS router issue?

I have also tried to manually enter the WIFI settings in the TV menus, but to no luck there either:

IP address

Subnet mask

Default gateway

DNS

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: connection problems with Panasonic Viera TV via WIFI to MI424WR router
4mac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed it and wanted to share with others to benefit.

I changed the security settings on the MI424WR router from WEP to WPA and magic it now works.

I hope this helps others out there and saves you the pain and frustration I had.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

4mac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed it and wanted to share with others to benefit.

I changed the security settings on the MI424WR router from WEP to WPA and magic it now works.

I hope this helps others out there and saves you the pain and frustration I had.

Enjoy!

wifiprob123

4mac, once you are connected to the internet on your tv, can you see if it will reconnect when you turn off your tv for a minute and turn it back on?

0 Likes
4mac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the internet connection still works after powering off the tv and then turning it back on.  My son is watching every favorite YouTube post he can find. 

0 Likes
Norseman1

Hmmm, I am having the exact same problem, both with Wi-Fi, and then with an Ethernet cable. The television is reaching out for a 169.x.x.x IP address while all my other devices on the network (including a couple of other televisions) hav 192.68.x.x IP addresses. Any ideas why the television is being assigned a 169.x.x.x IP address?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

See my post on the thread you started on how to change to wpa2 or wpa.

0 Likes
skidoodoo

How do you change from WEP to WPA?  I am having the same proplem with panasonic viera tv! 

0 Likes
AdamFM

I tried the same thing.  Went to my router settings and clicked on advanced security.  Tried clicking on WPA and it said it was re-setting the settings of router...then it came back to same screen and WPA was not set?

Any idea why?

0 Likes
AdamFM

To be clearer in my case WEP and WPA/WPA2 don't seem to be engaged.  Why is it dropping at Viera Connection?

0 Likes