Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

jvk
Contributor
jvk
0 Kudos

connectivity problem

Ever since I had verizon fios tv added to internet and phone service, I am having connectivity problems with wireless PC connection.  It worked great before TV added.  Now I get a lot of "limited or no connectivity" showing up on my wireless  connection.  I have been on phone several times with verizon and have had settings checked, actiontec gateway reset and/or rebooted with no luck.  Sometimes I get a connection but mostly it doesn't work.  They are sending me a new router and hopefully that will be enough.  Anyone have any ideas why problem after tv added?  Someone I know metioned signal strengh into the house.  (My connection to gateway from PC is always very good to excellent)

Jvk 

Contributor
Danno
0 Kudos

Re: connectivity problem

If you use other than Windows software to setup your wireless connection, make sure you use 64 bit vs. 128 bit when you enter your WEP key (from the router) - make sure you are setting this up manually. Don't know if this will help but it did for me.
jvk
Contributor
jvk
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that is it.  For a while after the verizon guy reset the gateway I was using 64bit, no difference.  I bought a laptop and that works great.  According to a verizon guy at fios solutions,  laptops are designed to work better with wireless.  In any case I would like to get my desktop to work on a regular basis.  Has anybody out there had an issue with signal strength, etc. pixelation?  Is verizon fios something that either works or it doesnt?  Right now it is working and I am using it to reply.  I am comparing other users in my vicinity and there are 4.  When it wasn't working there were 5.  I don't know yet if this means anything.

jvk

Silver Contributor IV
Telcoguru
Device: Actiontec Rev I
Plan: FDV\75 down 75 up
0 Kudos

Run the Verizon Connection Wizard software. verizon.com/connectionwizard

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending