downloading in home agent on a Mac
johnleddy1

I have been unable to download in home agent for 1 and 1/2 months   At first I was told that I must be a Fios customer to get it..  the useless on line customer support could not unnderstand or help.  Finally one of them contacted IHA dept. and I was told they were working on it and would call me. Zippo.  Now I get a pop up box showinf a user ID which is not current and asking for a password I don't know.  I visit the ID site and update my ID and password and it stillwon't recognize me.  I took it to the Apple Genius bar and they showed me it is not a message from Apple.  Does any Mac user have experience with this?  The impenetrable Fios customer support is no help whatsoever  Thank you

0 Likes
Re: downloading in home agent on a Mac
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I poinr to and quote from http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Verizon-In-Home-Agent-runs-on-my-system-MAC-OSX-but-does-...

a)

like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair 

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

b)

As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it

0 Likes