email program can't verify ID of verizon server
mw73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using Apple Mail and am getting this:

"Mail can't verify the identity of "incoming.verizon.net"..the certificate for this server was signed by an unknown certifying authority. You might be connected to a server that is pretending to be "incoming.verizon.net" which could put your confidential information at risk. Do you want to connect to the server anyway?"

Does anyone out there know how to confirm that I am connecting to the right server and make this stop??

0 Likes
Re: email program can't verify ID of Verizon server
JustMeAndU
Enthusiast - Level 2

2/9/2012

I started having this same problem on my Android Smartphone ver 2.2.2 using Email ver 2.00 this morning.

I had updated the inbound and outbound port numbers and SSL requirement per Verizon's technote weeks ago and it worked fine, again until this morning. My laptop running Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 are having no problems accessing the email server neither does my desktop running Windows XP and Outlook 2003.

Testing Incoming server settings on the Android returns "Cannot safely connect to server - (Not trusted server certificate)". Killing the email client process and rebooting the Android does not solve the problem.

Is there a Verizon tech-rep that monitors this forum that can look into this for us?

0 Likes
Re: email program can't verify ID of Verizon server
JustMeAndU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - if I update the settings on my Anroid to require SSL but to accept all certificates things work now... I didn't have to do that yesterday but it does seem to be a work around.

0 Likes