finally got my ipad to connect
dcamm1

after buying one last weekend, there was no joy in trying to connec to the local fios router.

after reading some posts here, numerous talks with apple support people, and getting apple to replace the unit, i decided to try mucking with the router settings.

the following settings work (for me at least):

802.11g ONLY

channel 11

WPA  security

bingo!

i'm not setting the router to use a single channel is relevant, but i'm not going to muck with it.

of course, i needed to have my other devices rejoin using the new wpa password, but that was trivial compared to the hours i spent getting this to work.

your mileage may vary, but give it a try.

0 Likes
Re: finally got my ipad to connect
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Yeah, this should be a sticky. If the moderators get this.

Ipads offically have issues with WEP (default for Verizon) security. There are so many issues that Apple has said that Ipads should only be connected using WPA security. So if you have an Ipad and are having connection issues. Change the Verizon router to WPA and you should be good to go.

0 Likes
Re: finally got my ipad to connect
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spacedebris wrote:

Yeah, this should be a sticky. If the moderators get this.

Ipads offically have issues with WEP (default for Verizon) security. There are so many issues that Apple has said that Ipads should only be connected using WPA security. So if you have an Ipad and are having connection issues. Change the Verizon router to WPA and you should be good to go.

Maybe the same issue with the thread here from the guy who can't get an ipod touch to connect.  Mine has always connected OK however I use WPA/2

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/cannot-connect-i-pod-touch-or-wii-to-internet/td-p/231739

0 Likes