fios availability
phatz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting told that Fios isn't available at my location. IN THE SAME 2 family building , my brother downstairs has FIOS internet and phone, my next door neighbors on either side of my building has FIOS. I am told that it is a door to door issue . I believe that to be corporate retoric. I can ssee the fiber optic junction box out my back door on the phone pole. I knew the triple pak was to good to be true. How come I keep getting junk mail for it?

Re: fios availability
prisaz
Legend

It could be that you are in the same building and the layout of fibers does not provide for two in the same building. Engineering issue, zoning issue. Is your building zoned as a multi family dwelling? Two addresses? I have heard of people having Business and Residential FiOS in the same house, but then you run into other issues with TV in a business location. Some programming may be blocked for business use. I have been filling up this private thread all weekend. I will point out your issue and see if they can help.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

When we setup the neighborhood infrastructre for FIOS, we plan out the number of houses and tenants. We put a fiber drop terminal or buried drop every couple of house. Each terminal can support only 6-8 connections. If theres a certain house that has been split to now have 2 tenant, there is likely not enough spots on the drop terminal for the installation. This is something Verizon is unable to anticipate when we are rolling out our infrastructure.

0 Likes
phatz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony_vz- This house has always been a two family house Long before there were telephone lines..It is not a new split.

0 Likes