google.com redirect to google.es
jimmydean
I have three computer at home, and on all three when I type goole.com it redirect me to google.es. Anybody out there knows what is going on? I saw lots of post out on the internet and no one knows. HELP.
0 Likes
Re: google.com redirect to google.es
Justin46
Legend

@jimmydean wrote:
I have three computer at home, and on all three when I type goole.com it redirect me to google.es. Anybody out there knows what is going on? I saw lots of post out on the internet and no one knows. HELP.

I'm  sorry, what do you mean when you say you saw a lot of posts out on the internet? About this? And what does no one know?

I have seen many posts in the last few weeks about this problem, It is apparently related to Verizon recently starting to use a block of IP addresses that appear to be in other countries, like Canada or Spain, or in different locations within the US (some time back I was put on an IP block that appeared to be in Kansas, not Texas where I really am, but it either got fixed or I got a new IP address, I don't know, I didn't particularly care). They are not in other countries, but some web sites, like Google specifically, use an IP location service to determine where you are located based on the IP address you are using. Eventually this will get resolved when Google and the other sites update their information (how long? Nobody knows).

Here is a link to a thread on dslreports.com discussing this problem:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21918025-The-internet-thinks-Im-in-Canada

The problem will eventually go away. You can try to force the router to get a different IP address, which might be on a different block, and get around the problem for at least a while (until you wind up back on the same block, which can occur at any time).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes