got another MI424WR
cangler
Enthusiast - Level 2

well, went to a verizon store and replaced my REV. C MI424WR that was causing SLOW download speeds, they gave me a new in box MI424WR REV. E, plugged it in all in as usual... ORANGE internet LED, stays orange, never goes green. I tried unplugging the power for 2 minutes, flashing the firmware, stays orange.... put back in my old router (old d-link, not wireless or coax), internet works just fine... so guess this new one they gave me is DOA. I'll have to go back to the verizon store and try again... ugh, such a hassle!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: got another MI424WR
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Make sure you release the DHCP lease from the old router before swapping routers, otherwise you will have trouble getting a DHCP lease on the new router.

How do I release my DHCP lease

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Make sure you release the DHCP lease from the old router before swapping routers, otherwise you will have trouble getting a DHCP lease on the new router.

How do I release my DHCP lease

0 Likes
cangler
Enthusiast - Level 2

The old router (the one with slow download) was unplugged all day yesterday, wouldn't that be long enough to release the DHCP? Between the time the old router was unplugged and the new replacement router was plugged in for the first time, was a good 8 hours... I figured that was long enough? I didn't hook up the d-link until AFTER I was having trouble with the new replacement router. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
cangler
Enthusiast - Level 2

well well welll.... as my very last resort before I was going to take back the replacement router, I rebooted the ONT, unplugged the power from the wall, and unplugged the backup battery for at least a minute... and then I tried the replacement router again, the internet LED was orange for a little bit... and BAM... green! I was shocked to say the least.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION!

Also, my speeds are normal again with the new router... over 40 down, over 30 up.... NICE!