help bridging quantum gateway to linksys ac2400
greenayo

Hi

I need some help bridging the new verizon quantum gateway to the linksys ac2400. I have tried for several hours and cant seem to get it right when one thing works another does not then everything seems to stop later on. 

0 Likes
Re: help bridging quantum gateway to linksys ac2400
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, that's a newer router, I haven't seen anyone bridge it yet.  Do you have TV service?  You probably don't want to bridge it if you do,  

Is piggybacking the router, workable for you?

You can do that pretty easy, just hook up an Ethernet cable from a lan port on the quantum gateway, to the wan/internet port on your Linksys and then make sure that you changed your Linksys to a different subnet   so use 192.168.2.1 or 10.1  

anything EXCEPT 1.1

Process takes 5 - 10 min.

0 Likes
Re: help bridging quantum gateway to linksys ac2400
XDM45guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Hi, that's a newer router, I haven't seen anyone bridge it yet.  Do you have TV service?  You probably don't want to bridge it if you do,  

Is piggybacking the router, workable for you?

You can do that pretty easy, just hook up an Ethernet cable from a lan port on the quantum gateway, to the wan/internet port on your Linksys and then make sure that you changed your Linksys to a different subnet   so use 192.168.2.1 or 10.1  

anything EXCEPT 1.1

Process takes 5 - 10 min.

My netgear Nighthawk ac3200  will sense that you already have a working router and change the ip to automatically. It will have you set it up as an ap and still let the fios router handle dhcp and not interfere with the moca  on the fios g1100 router. First of course you disable the wifi on the fios router first.

0 Likes