how do I log into my router?
jis4judy

I tried and it seems impossable

I used my browser  and the  192.168.1.1  number and I get to the verizon login and it will not accept my  serial number as password...

0 Likes
Re: how do I log into my router?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@jis4judy wrote:

I used my browser  and the  192.168.1.1  number and I get to the verizon login and it will not accept my  serial number as password...

The username should be .....   admin

and the password will be either.....    password  ,   password1  ,  or your serial number

Unless it has been customized by someone. If one of those 3 dont work. Then just press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. When it reboots, it will default to password.

jis4judy

thanks for you input but maybe I am useing the wrong address to get to it

nothing seems to owrk  the password  or the serial number

0 Likes
jis4judy

I also reset the router and it didn;t reset to password..

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jis4judy wrote:

reset your router by pushing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for 5-10 seconds (router must be powered on when you do this)

After the reset access the router by entering http://192.168.1.1 in your browser address line

You will then be prompted for to login.

If it's a Westell router you can enter any userid you like (overwrite the admin in the user) field) and any password you like twice.

I believe for an actiontec the default login is admin and the default password is password that you will have to change immediately - maybe someone with an actiontec would like to chime in??  Guaranteed after a reset to factory defaults it will not be your serial number, I would believe it's the same as a Westell, as I think it's basically shared firmware, but have never seen an Actiontec router.