is there a way to change the TV channel through the Internet?
starfiter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish to be able to change the TV through the computer. Is that currently possible?

Re: is there a way to change the TV channel through the Internet?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

so far no, just through android iphone and tablet devices.  but not the actual desktop or laptop.

The app is called fios mobile remote. 

hat is FiOS Mobile Remote?

FiOS Mobile Remote is a FiOS TV feature that lets you turn your mobile phone into a remote control for your TV.
FiOS Mobile Remote
 FiOS Mobile Remote in the Widgets Bazaar

What can I do with FiOS Mobile Remote?

Some of the features and benefits of FiOS Mobile Remote are:

• Customizable, portable favorites
    Auto-import all TV programs you’ve marked as Favorites, add to or remove from your list and take them with you to any HD Set-Top Box in your home.

• Flick photos to the TV
    Take any photo on your mobile device and flick it directly to your TV. Your photo instantly appears on your TV and thereby allowing you to show a big screen slideshow of all photos on your phone.

• Mute TV for phone calls
    Set your FiOS Mobile Remote app. to automatically mute the TV when you’re receiving a call. It lets you easily switch from controlling the TV to taking your phone call to watching TV again.

See Also:What are the system requirements for FiOS Mobile Remote?
Learn more about FiOS Mobile Remote

0 Likes
Re: is there a way to change the TV channel through the Internet?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well that is all you can do with the free verizon software. 

I WILL let you know that there are third party devices, made by Sling that let you do that from the PC.    

It's called a slingbox, and not only can you change the channel you can stream your picture across the internet to your PC   😄  it's pretty awesome, I keep hinting to the Mrs that I want one.   😄 

0 Likes