limited connectivity on wireless laptop?
jrihac

So recently I had just bought a new laptop and for a while it worked fine with the internet. However a day or two, the interent became very slow and often says "limited connectivity". It even shows that it has strong strength (always 5 bars). When it does say limited connectivity, sometimes im not even able to go on internet. If i disconnect and connect again, it would work fine for about 15 minutes but once again say limited connectivity. I don't know what is happening since all the other computers in my house are working fine with the wireless. There is 1 laptop, 1 desktop and 1 tablet (which we barely use). All of them work fine.

I called verizon before but they just said something is wrong with the router and we would have to reset it. But i really dont want to go through the hassle of resetting it again. Please help?

I have the Dell Insprion 15R laptop, windows 8

0 Likes
Re: limited connectivity on wireless laptop?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Given that all your other devices are working properly it seems the problem is with your new laptop, not with your router.

As a troubleshooting step you might try connecting your Dell to your router via Ethernet.  If that works properly I would suggest you look to Dell for help troubleshooting what's wrong with the wifi service in your laptop.