my upload speed is very slow
ufbrian1001

hello I have 15/5 fios internet. My upload speed is extremely slow and it is affecting even browsing. I have a pc desktop windows 7 ~1 year old via ethernet to the router that was just sent to me by tech support to attempt to solve the problem. The new router is installed and it didn't solve the upload speed problem. Phone tech support told me to update my geforce 560 drivers but that didn't help either. Below are the speed test stats. Any other ideas? I've reset the system and power cycled the router as well. Another note is that the upload speeds are fine on the laptop connected via wifi? Strange. So I presume it is a settings issue with my desktop?

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 1.59Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 24.69Mb/s

------ Client System Details ------
OS data: Name = Windows 7, Architecture = x86, Version = 6.1
Java data: Vendor = Oracle Corporation, Version = 1.7.0_09

------ Web100 Detailed Analysis ------
Client Receive Window detected at 261360 bytes.
10 Mbps Ethernet link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
No network congestion discovered.
Good network cable(s) found
Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 72.18 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and 
No packet loss - but packets arrived out-of-order 0.01% of the time
This connection is receiver limited 24.83% of the time.
This connection is sender limited 74.62% of the time.
This connection is network limited 0.54% of the time.

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to: 
RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON
RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON
RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF
RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF
RFC 1323 Window Scaling: ON
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says {edited for privacy} but Client says [192.168.1.3]

0 Likes
Re: my upload speed is very slow
prisaz
Legend

I am looking at this. But please go back to your post and under options, select edit reply/post. Remove your IP Address at the bottom of the information.

I have run a trace route to your IP and one route indicates 67 RT (ms) and another indicates 78 RT (ms) from my location in Maryland, and from what I see you are in Tampa. Another good reason not to post your IP. It could be a security risk for you, even though your router acts as a firewall. The response times to you do not look bad, but perhaps after loading the new drivers, you may need to optimize your connection again.

Also try the faster speed test even if you only have 15/5, and see if it makes any difference.

Have you run the optimizer? You must open your Internet Explorer by right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator. Then copy and paste this url into the open browser.

http://my.verizon.com/micro/SpeedOptimizer/FiOS

0 Likes
still no luck with upload speed
ufbrian1001

hello, I tried the optimizer and the other suggestions, still the same ~1.5 upload speed and sketchy web browsing, any other ideas?

0 Likes
Re: still no luck with upload speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What Ethernet NIC are you running? Some NICs have been found to act up based on what driver they are given to use. The nForce drivers for example, if you have an NVIDIA NIC rather than just an NVIDIA GPU in the past were known to be a bit buggy. We've then seen some issues with the Killer NICs and some drivers when matched with the FiOS routers that have caused some speed issues.

0 Likes