no dial tone and no internet connection (twice in one week) Fios internet & Fios digital voice
arb-bot

We have had Verizon Fios internet + Fios digital voice phone for one month now.  Twice in one week, the phones have no dial tone and the computer cannot connect to both wireless and via the cord to the router.  The first time, I unplugged the OCT in the basement, and then disconnected the battery, and the Verizon agent on the phone probably reset something and then everything worked in the morning. Now, I have the same problem again. Is this a common problem? and what to do to resolve this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone and no internet connection (twice in one week) Fios internet & Fios digital voi
PJR78

Not to take over the thread, but I am also experiencing this problem.  I live in southern Westchester (borderline of Bronx) and have a top-floor apartment.  I have a Fios digital voice connection and WiFi router but both services have been down since Saturday.  I only have TV at the moment.

My phone does not have a dial tone and calls from the outside go straight into voicemail without ringing.  I have repeatedly disconnected the phone from its jack and nothing happens except faint static.  The phone itself seems to be functioning and responds to when I press the buttons.

When trying to connect to WiFi, my laptop (I only have one computer) connects to what seems a bogus network name, 95JNZ.  The Windows network center on the laptop indicates that there is a 'strong' connection but there is no actual connectivity.  Verizon/Fios also doesn't appear in the network menu as an option for me to connect.

I've called Verizon a couple of times and have made an appointment for this Saturday (it's now Wednesday).  The first time I called, the customer service agent ran tests on my connections and seemed to indicate that there might be a problem out in the street.  He said he would speak to his manager and call me back on my mobile in 15 minutes.  I did not receive a call.

The second time another agent ran tests and directed the case to network staff.  They were not able to locate the problem and said that I might have a bad power unit in my apartment, but I do have a steady green light as Status and no others.  The WiFi router also does not have any error lights.

I should also stress that both agents dealt with my call courteously.  I am a bit annoyed, though, that I was not called when told.

I am just posting because I'm not sure if anyone in the area is having this problem or if there's something I can at least try on my own (aside from rebooting) to fix the computer problem.  I can live with waiting another couple of days without the services, but there might be something stupid that customer support and myself didn't try.  Thanks.

0 Likes