nook Wi-Fi can't connect to internet
klavergne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a nook from Barnes and Noble. I can get it to connect to my router. I even see the IP address by logging in to the router's admin console. But the nook can't connect to the internet.

I previously had the same issue with an older PC running Windows 2000, and Verizon support said that Windows 2000 wasn't "officially supported". I was able to get the same PC (exact same hardware) to connect to the internet by running Ubuntu instead of Windows 2000.

I hope that Verizon isn't somehow blocking my nook from connecting.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: nook Wi-Fi can't connect to internet
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your router?

#2 What web browser does this Nook use? At least the name would help...

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version software is your nook running?

You may want to make sure it's at the latest version which I believ is 1.4

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/index.asp

klavergne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got it to work. I don't know how, but all I did was disconnect from the router and reconnect. I then used the web browser on the nook to connect to bn.com and it worked.

0 Likes
NOOK color connects using WPA2/AES Re: nook Wi-Fi can't connect to internet
Jaguar10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my NOOK Color and it connects to my FIOS WIFI Action Tec MI424WR using WPA2 and AES.

At first it would not connect in trying to register (it acted like it connected but the continue button remained grayed out).   I remembered that a long time ago I had changed the router to only accept one wire-less connection per only one MAC address.  Since I forgot my password, I reset the router to factory defaults... then set the new key.  Hope that helps.

The other option to AES is TKIP, but I did not try it.   I vaguely remember a couple of years ago that my toshiba Vista laptop

had trouble connecting and I had to use TKIP so I may have to try it.

0 Likes
Re: NOOK color connects using WPA2/AES Re: nook Wi-Fi can't connect to internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Don't bother with TKIP if you're using WPA2. Defeats the purpose of it. AES is better hands down.
docman

There is a problem with nook software version 1.1.0 and the verizon actiontec rev F router.

Many B and N customers are having this problem.

I don't know who is going to fix this problem which is a dynamic vs static connection issue.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. F router and Nook Color don't play well together
GreenGata

I have the loathesome Actiontec MI424WR Rev. F router and a new Nook Color loaded with 1.2 software. No internet connection on the Nook. Notably, I suffer no issues whatsoever with any of the other nine devices on my home network using WPA2 PSK, all of which like the NC are assigned static i.p. addresses thereon (makes no difference, though--the NC will not fully connect regardless).

Took the NC to a local public wireless hotspot to register it with BN, thinking that might somehow make it compliant and happy upon our return home (registering somehow helped with an older simple touch we have). No such luck. The procedure linked to by Hubrisnxs as an apparent solution in early January has not worked, either, although it seems to end a thread or three on the subject as if it is the final definitive word on it. I certainly hope not, because for me that represents a dead end.

Any and all help appreciated.

0 Likes