quantum.. vs 10 digit phone numbers for local calls
strudeldoe

considering upgrading to quantum fios.. with increased speed. but verizon says I have to bundle my phone and that means I would need to dial 10 numbers for every local call.. in other words use area code for every local call. My question is.. would this inconvenience be worth it. is the speed that noticeable?  I see some glitches posted about the new 75/25 speed so I don't want to cause problems if the net result is not amazing. anyone have some advice?

0 Likes
Re: quantum.. vs 10 digit phone numbers for local calls
AtomicRooster
Contributor - Level 1

Depends upon a few factors.  If you sense that your speeds are slow, that would be a good reason.   We have had 10-digit dialing for years in my (urban) area, so I think you can adapt to that.  If your last agreement has expired, that is a plus. I ran into trouble when Quantum was announced because they were forcing those interested to create new agreements/bundles to get the new speeds. I had an 11 day old agreement with a pending visa prepaid reward card that required me to stay in the agreement for at least 60 days. So if I went with a new bundle, the prices were higher, the premium for the Quantum speeds was evident, and I would lose the cash card reward.  Perhaps you could wait for someone else in your area to be the guinea pig...there have been problems getting those speeds in some areas.  Can your router and computers even go as fast as you see on the Quantum sales pitch?

@strudeldoe wrote:

considering upgrading to quantum fios.. with increased speed. but verizon says I have to bundle my phone and that means I would need to dial 10 numbers for every local call.. in other words use area code for every local call. My question is.. would this inconvenience be worth it. is the speed that noticeable?  I see some glitches posted about the new 75/25 speed so I don't want to cause problems if the net result is not amazing. anyone have some advice?

0 Likes