router port forwarding entries configured by and required by Verizon
goodalle

After a series of networking problems, I am auditing my verizon fios wireless router (residential service). In the Port Forwarding configuration I found quite a number of entries which I did not configure. One set of these entries is for a protocol called Teredo. Searching the internet, I find a number of discussions claiming these were configured by Verizon and are part of their scheme for translating IPV4 running on my home network to IPV6 running in the Verizon network infrastructure. That is all well and good - but what else has Verizon configured on my router to make their service work correctly? I want to go through and turn off/shutdown all the port forwarding entries that should not be there (some configured by other members of my family, and perhaps opening security holes I don't want to live with). However, I don't want to break my FIOS service by turning off entries that Verizon needs in order for my Internet service to function properly.  Does Verizon have them listed anywhere  for reference?

0 Likes
Re: router port forwarding entries configured by and required by Verizon
tns
Master - Level 2

What port are you seeing.

I don't think Verizon is planning on using teredo, but perhaps something on your side is doing so that it can reach a ipv6 site.  Verizon's exact plans for implementing ipv6 are not known.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

TCP Port 4567 , used for CPE management

UDP Port 63145 , used for remote DVR

The Set top boxes are using the .100 range of IP's, so pretty much anything that is in your port forward that goes to the .100 range of IP's are required for your fios tv, various features.  IMG server, Widgets server, VOD server, Remote DVR, CID TV etc... 

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Teredo is not configured by VZ.  Chances are you have UPnP enabled and port forwards for Teredo were added by an IPv6 enabled application running on one of your machines.