server set up error
jack10685

I am putting up a server next to my router and it is not working correctly, i have found that it is my router set up. right now, i have a fast router connected to the router verizon gave me, and we get our internet from the fast router. well, ports don't seem to work on there. i open them, but they don't work. i tried opening the ports on the verizon router, too, it still didn't work. What should I do? keep in mind that if i disconnect fast router from verizon router, i will have extremely slow internet (5 computers does not work well with 200 mbps router).

0 Likes
Re: server set up error
Hubrisnxs
Legend

generally speaking you never want double port forwards, so give your router a static ip and put it in the dmz of the actiontec, and then do your port forwards in the the 2nd router.

jack10685

Can you break down the steps, I am not very good with routers.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

first do these steps outlined

How to get the same IP assignment per device

Then you will click on Firewall at the top.

and then you will click on yes (it's a warning page)

then you click on DMZ host on the left hand menu

then you enter the ip address for the device 

and hit apply.

Now all traffic passes through the actiontec without any firewall being involved.  it exists in the dmz which means demilitarized zone.  

Now you can go to your router and do all of your port forward entries, or if they are all built, then you can test them.

if they fail in your second router, download www.simpleportforwarding.com automatic port forward tool and use it to configure your second router. 

0 Likes