speed
flitch51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Except all ,and I mean ALL issues here answered with the same "we need more info bla bla bla...." is there an honest answer to the ALWAYS LOWER SPEED THAN  the one a custumer pays ? I am runing three speed tests every afternoons with verizon test and http://www.speedtest.net/

It did not ONCE went over 38 while paying 50/50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the average is tho 28 so far .This is called scam.

I want to mention here that 50 $ per month it is another lia as far as there is no bill under 70$.Why not stop lieing folks and tell people the true: You don't have a 50$ plan and 50/50 internet speed cause you really really DON'T!!!!!! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: speed
flitch51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to thank you and the other guys that came with answers to my complaints.

Indeed when connected through LAN cable I got even 54 Mbps but only to US servers. 

When trying servers from my country and a few other countries ( Europe ) I got today NO MORE THAN 7Mbps!!!

That can tell me that Verizon network is doing the job but the overseas connections are bad.

• On the other hand I might be  too much familiar with over 100Mbps for 7 euros/month that was available for me before moving to US.Smiley TongueSmiley Indifferent

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

If you'd like to complain about Verizon, consider that done.

On the other hand, if you'd like help getting the full speed you pay for, there are many of us here who would be happy to help you.  Since the only information we know about your problem is what you post here, we'll need more details from you.  Stuff like what equipment you're using to measure speed, how it is connected to your router and which router you're using are a good place to start.

Post back with some details and you get some good help.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you performing these speed tests hard-wired or wirelessly?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And did you try more than one server.  Some servers on speedtest.net will give slow results depending on where you are located (and sometimes that includes the closest ones).

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FYI that isn't most users experience. Official reports by the fcc and other independent sources confirm FIOS consistently over delivers on speed. That means must users in fact see faster than what they are paying for a majority of the time.

I say that only to encourage you. If your having problems, especially with speed, then they are almost certainly fixable. You have a lot of experienced users that would be happy to help and verizon techs are generally pretty helpful. I might be lucky but i haven't had a rude or mean rep yet. They may not have been geniuses but their hays hearts were always in the right place.

Good luck out there.

0 Likes
flitch51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to thank you and the other guys that came with answers to my complaints.

Indeed when connected through LAN cable I got even 54 Mbps but only to US servers. 

When trying servers from my country and a few other countries ( Europe ) I got today NO MORE THAN 7Mbps!!!

That can tell me that Verizon network is doing the job but the overseas connections are bad.

• On the other hand I might be  too much familiar with over 100Mbps for 7 euros/month that was available for me before moving to US.Smiley TongueSmiley Indifferent
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes