rawbill

How can I permanently change it to display my city,state, zipcode

0 Likes
Re: weatherbug on Verizon home page
Justin46
Legend

@rawbill wrote:

How can I permanently change it to display my city,state, zipcode

Is the issue here permanently or is the issue changing it at all?

To change it, all I did was click on the currently displayed city name, state, zip and enter my zip code, it is a clickable field for me.

Now permanently is a somewhat different issue. I have had to reset mine 2 or 3 times in the last year or so, for some reason it just magically decides to show me as someplace in NY I think, at least somewhere far from North Texas.

Keller, TX 76248

rawbill

It changes back to NY everytime I connect to the internet.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@rawbill wrote:

It changes back to NY everytime I connect to the internet.

Hmmmmm...I wonder if it is Cookie-related on your computer. Do you by chance have your broswer set to delete all cookies when you shut down the browser? I use a cookie-management tool with my browser that allows me to keep cookies from selected sites and delete all others when the browser shuts down, and I have it set to keep all Verizon-related cookies.

Maybe you could try closing and re-opening the Verizon site without shutting down the browser and see your location remains set. And if it does, then shut down and restart the browser and see if it reverts to NY. If so then I think it is a cookie issue and you will need to either not remove all cookies or find a tool for your browser that allows you to keep the Verizon cookie(s).

Other than the above, I don't have any other thoughts right now. Let us know if the above helps, and if not, maybe someone else can chime in with a solution.

EDIT: Doing a little further research, I see a verizon.com cookie on my system with a partial value of "wbzip=76248" which is of course my zip code, and I bet wbzip = Weatherbug. So now I am pretty sure it is a cookie issue.

Keller, TX 76248 

dalzell5433

I can't even temporarily change the location.  Weather Bug comes-up but doesn't respond to any of my input.  It doesn't recognize anything I type into the text box and it won't close when I click on the X in the upper right-hand corner. 

0 Likes