• BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
kathy418
0 Kudos

Re: Beeping FiOS Battery?

[ Edited ]

Not so simple. I pushed the alarm silence button. It didn't work. As a result I had to listen all night to the beep. I tired a few times. The replace battery light was not on. Would just  like to disconnect  The alarm or get it to work properly. Got little sleep last night.

Also, did not have the 8 hrs of voice. Phones dead.

Contributor
tcheng7
0 Kudos

Someone PLEASE help....I need this beeping noise to stop immediately.  It's bad enough that we dont have power/cable/internet, but this alarming sound is crazy

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

Contributor
kathy418
0 Kudos

That site is worthless. Needed help when beeping. Stopped once the power returned. The silence alarm button didn't work when the power was out. think I'll swithch to Comcast. This alarm is a real pain!!

Silver Contributor I
Heather_VZ

Hi All-

I talked to my support folks here and this is what they shared:

- If you have lost power you can press the silence button on the battery housing. This will silence the battery for 24 hr or until there is no more charge in the battery. 

- If the battery backup has no silence button they can open the unit and disconnect the battery in the event of no power.

- If you lost power and now it is restored and you are still getting the beep, you can unplug the unit from the power and then disconnect the battery for 2 minutes and then reconnect the battery first and then the A/C plug, this should stop the beep.

PLEASE NOTE: If there is water or extreme moister in the area of the battery backup unit or the A/C plug then you SHOULD NOT touch the equipment. Please call Verizon so someone can come help you with this.

I hope that's helpful!

-Heather

Contributor
kathy418
0 Kudos

Problem is my silence button never worked. There is no light indicating I,need to replace battery. I assume the light would come on to indicate I need to replace it. Can the alarm be disarmed? 

Thanks

Copper Contributor
HB_FiosUser
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

it is 9:30pm and I have power to my house. I have never lost power in the past month. This thing keeps beeping every 15 minutes. If it wake up my 2 year old one more time, it will be removed from this house. I have pressed the silence key. It still beeps. If I unplug it I assume I lose the tv and any shows I plan to record tonight right? I tried the previous link but it still beeps every 15 min. I guess I need to call someone to get this resolved. 

Bronze Contributor II
22Becca22
0 Kudos

HB_FiosUser wrote:

it is 9:30pm and I have power to my house. I have never lost power in the past month. This thing keeps beeping every 15 minutes. If it wake up my 2 year old one more time, it will be removed from this house. I have pressed the silence key. It still beeps. If I unplug it I assume I lose the tv and any shows I plan to record tonight right? I tried the previous link but it still beeps every 15 min. I guess I need to call someone to get this resolved. 

Hello,

I'm hoping that this issue has been resolved already.

The ONT's Battery Back-up Unit provides 8 hours of talk time on your Digital Voice service during a power outage.  Removing/replacing the battery will silence the beeping and shouldn't impact your TV and internet service.  Make sure it is the back-up unit that you are working with.

Please see the following links for additional information:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/general+support/getting+started/q...

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/general+support/getting+started/q...

verizon.com/battery

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Beeping-Sound-from-the-Verizon-Battery-Outlet/m-p/515213

If you need a replacement battery, you can purchase one:

- online via verizon.com/fiosacessories

- by calling 1-888-553-1555 and speaking with a service representative

- at a local FIOS store (call first to ensure they have them instock).  

For a list of Verizon FiOS stores in your area:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

Bronze Contributor II
22Becca22
0 Kudos

Let me note (and for future reference) for other readers:

to try the step of unplugging the BBU unit, removing the battery, wait about 5 minutes, put the battery back and plug the BBU unit back in (as mentioned by Heather prior) and see if that stops the beeping altogether.

If that doesn't work and you are beyond the one-year warranty, then you can try to purchase a replacement battery, as per the link:

www.verizon.com/battery

There is a video on the bottom of the website on how to unplug the unit and remove/replace the battery.

Hope this helps!

Another Related Post with Successful Solutions:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Battery-Backup-beeping-and-in-the-Red/td-p/231532/page/3

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools