Adding "basic" channels: Is a la carte an option?
anyong

I did my due diligence and searched the forums, scoured the Verizon site, and tried using the live chat option (kept disconnecting, probably something blocking it on the work computer), but haven't been able to figure this out. I have the Fios Select HD package (the very most basic) but was surprised to see that many channels I've always considered "basic cable" are not included, while other channels that typically cost extra are included. For example, Comedy Central is not included in my package, while Mnet (Korean and Korean-American music/movies/TV shows) is included! Although I love Mnet, I could definitely get by without it, while Comedy Central and few other channels are 95% of the reason I subscribe to cable to begin with.

So here is my question, is it possible to "add" or subscribe to individual "basic" non-premium channels? Obviously, I know you can add premium channels like HBO and Showtime individually for monthly fee, but can I do that for channels that are usually included in the package? Or would I need to upgrade my entire package to get these few channels? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Adding "basic" channels: Is a la carte an option?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A la carte is not an option with any of the cable/satellite/phone TV services.  It has more to do with the channel providers than your actual service provider.

0 Likes