BBC World News HD
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Hi

Dish added this yesterday.  I love BBC World, but hate the scrunched SD picture.  Any chance of getting this channel?

Also, a plug for BBC America HD.

Those 2 would be awesome channel additions!

Re: BBC World News HD
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@philhu wrote:

Hi

Dish added this yesterday.  I love BBC World, but hate the scrunched SD picture.  Any chance of getting this channel?

philhu,

While Verizon continuously works on expanding its services, we unfortunately don't have an ETA on that at this time.  I'm sure if/when those channels become available you will know.  I will be sure to pass along interest in the channel to the appropriate people.

In the meantime you can check what channels are available at this time
here

Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

philhu wrote:

Hi

Dish added this yesterday. I love BBC World, but hate the scrunched SD picture. Any chance of getting this channel?

I'd like to see both channels in 16x9, even if it's in SD as Fox News Channel has worked well in that format. I agree the 14x9 compromise doesn't work anymore.

0 Likes
ScottM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not even know it existed.  That’s a great Dish addition. 

I also would love to see BBC World News in HD.  It’s a real news channel (as compared to Fox or MSNBC) and one of my favorite channels as far as content.  Unfortunately I find it difficult to watch in SD.    The SD PQ on BBC World News (channel 107) also seems softer/blurrier that other SD channels.     Now this may be a niche request but its gottta have better ratings that the .TV crap that is shown over and over again in HD.

BBC World News HD ?
SIMARLOW1
Enthusiast - Level 3

BBC World News is one of the world's most widely distributed channels, and has been available in HD for quite some time. It is an excellent news channel, and Verizon was one of the first carriers of the channel in the US, and was the main reason I subscribed to FiOS in the first place in 2008.

Time Warner Cable and AT&T U-Verse now carry BBC World News in HD, and I think it is a channel FiOS should be carrying. I'm very happy that Al-Jazeera America is now available in HD, for that is also a fantastic news channel, and I would hope that this larger trend of HD News channel additions would extend to BBC World News, one of the world's most-watched and most-distrubuted channels.