CSPAN, no longer can stream live channels online...
bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

I am a CSPAN Junkie and noticed this week I can no longer stream the channel online as Verizon FIOS is not even listed as a cable network to authenticate my account. I  have ExtremeHD which includes Cspan and it's unbelievable that now I can no longer access CSPAN's streaming channels online.

Verizon, when will this be corrected?

0 Likes
Re: CSPAN, no longer can stream live channels online...
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I noticed the same thing but after reading FAQs on C-Span about this new C-Span policy, I found C-Span is working with other cable providers not listed to get them to sign on to C-Span's new policy. I did notice Verizon is the only big cable provider that hasn't yet teamed up with C-Span.

http://www.c-span.org/about/TVeverywhere/

What if my television provider is not among the choices?
For now, please continue to watch the open live streams of C-SPAN’s three television networks. During this pre-registration period, we are continuing to work to include all of our affiliates in our TV Everywhere offering

Holly

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Fios is now available to sign up for online streaming of C-Span.

Holly

0 Likes
j99howard

Please explain how a FIOS customer can sign in to the CSPAN feeds.  I still am in limbo.  Thanks

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Works fine for me.

But lots of the same rules as for some of the other channels.  Some of them follow

• Must have flash enabled, and accepting third party
  • Must have third party cookies enabled
  • Must not have the browser set to delete cookies when leaving.
  • May have to sign out of verizon web pages before trying (didn't have the problem with my try on C-span but have on some of the others e.g starz, espn, hbo)
0 Likes