Can't get live feeds on NBC Sports Live Extra iPad app
epstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3
I don't seem to be able to get any live feeds on my NBC Sports Live Extra iPad app. I signed in to my Verizon FIOS account through the app, but when I try to play a live feed from NBCSN, which appears as channel 590 on my Verizon box — or any other live feed shown in the app — I get an error message: "We're sorry. It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this content ... ." What don't I understand here? If I get NBCSN on my box, why not on the iPad? Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get live feeds on NBC Sports Live Extra iPad app
epstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found out what to do. Verizon Live Chat's agent told me to uninstall and reinstall the NBC Sports Live Extra app on my iPad. I did that. When I did, I found that it still remembered that Verizon FiOS is my TV provider, so I didn't have to sign back in. And live feeds now work!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
masood1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spent an hour today with the support to find out why I can't watch "NBC Sports" using my iPad. Finally, they asked me to updaye my OS version, which I already on 7.1. then I was told, since it works on my windows computers it must the Apple problem. what a lie. I just used my brother's acct with a different provider and sure enof i was able to watch live shows from my iPad. Why Verizon LIES? just tell the truth and don't waste people time.

TELL The TRUTH VERIZON???

0 Likes
fcporto1982
Enthusiast - Level 2
Just tried it and it's working on both my iPad and my iphone
0 Likes
epstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3
Masood, do you mean that your brother's account is with a cable system other than Verizon, and if so, what provider is it?
0 Likes
epstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3
FC, what Verizon channel package do you have? Mine is Prime HD, and for all I know I might need to upgrade it in order to get live feeds and full-event replays to work.
0 Likes
fcporto1982
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have ultimate. I also just checked using my dad's login (he has extreme) and it works on his as well
0 Likes
epstewart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found out what to do. Verizon Live Chat's agent told me to uninstall and reinstall the NBC Sports Live Extra app on my iPad. I did that. When I did, I found that it still remembered that Verizon FiOS is my TV provider, so I didn't have to sign back in. And live feeds now work!

0 Likes
mcgregorkd
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not work for me on my nokia lumia windows phone.  NBC Live Sports used to work just fine, but then I received the lack of authorization error and it no longer works.

0 Likes
spycoops

Reinstalling the app does not work for me. Same thing happened after the Olympics Games.

0 Likes
eboot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't work for me either on my Windows phone or on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The webpage on NBC sports login works just fine.   Appears to me that Verizon just doesn't recognize these device apps properly.   

What stinks is when I call Verizon, they say it's an app problem, but when I call the app producers they say it's a provider problem.

Doesn't anyone test things?  Please fix this, would be nice to not be the beta testers for this app!