Ceton Infinitv4 and FIOS On Demand Issue
shweddy
My Cisco STB crashes after 2min or less when starting any on demand program. Notably this does.not happen when my PC with the Ceton Infinitv4 playing through WMC is shut down. My router is not showing any address conflict. I'm wondering if I put this PC on a different router at a different address range.?
0 Likes
Re: Ceton Infinitv4 and FIOS On Demand Issue
shweddy
An update: I put the PC with the Ceton Ifinitv tuner and WMC on a router that hands out 192.168.2.xxx addresses while the Verizon router with the STB on it is on a 192.168.1.xxx range. Outcome: Ifinitv tuner works ands so does On Demand on the STB. As a consequence, Media Manger on the STB cannot see the Media Manager on the PC. A Small concession
0 Likes
Re: Ceton Infinitv4 and FIOS On Demand Issue
jtdrexel

I have a similar issue! I am contacting Ceton to try and fix this. If someone has any insight, please chime in. Here is what i wrote to Ceton: 

Here is how my setup looks like:
The FIOS ONT coming from outside the house is going into a 6 way splitter. Each of the 6 coax lines run to various rooms in the house. The coax coming into the family room is going into a 3 way splitter. From this 3 way splitter, one coax goes into FIOS STB, another into Ceton InfiniTV 6, and another into FIOS MOCA enabled wireless router. The ethernet connection from the InfiniTV is connected to a LAN port in the FIOS router. In another room in the house, I use an Actiontec MOCA adapter which takes a coax input and allows a wired ethernet connection to my desktop PC.

Here is how i use my InfiniTV
My MOCA wired desktop PC is win 8 and i use it to access Ceton tuners via windows media center. I use a laptop with a wifi connection running win 8 to access Ceton via windows media center. Everything seems to work fine...

Here is the problem.
When i try to watch a video using the FIOS Video On Demand service on my family room STB, it plays for about 15 seconds and then the STB reboots. I thought this was an issue with the STB and contacted verizon. They send me a replacement STB and that too exhibits the same issue.

My Diagnosis
So its not something that wrong with the STB. When i unplug either the coax or ethernet connection going to the Ceton InfiniTV, FIOS Video On Demand does not exhibit the same issue. So the problem has something to do with Ceton InfiniTV existing on the home network. I tried assigning a static IP to the Ceton device and still continue to experience the same issue. Please help. Somehow there is a conflict between FIOS VOD and Ceton InfiniTV 6.

0 Likes