Content not authorized on NBC Sports
eboot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the NBC Extra app on my Windows smartphone to watch sports, and for the past month or so it's been fine. 

This weekend however I've tried to watch the Barclays Premier League and on every game I've gotten the following message:

"you are not authorized to watch this content.  Check with your provider for more information"

No other content is affected, (I can get NHL etc) and my programming package has all the channels.   If I watch the same game on the website, which uses the same Fios login to authorize, it works fine.

So to sum up, I only have a problem with Premier League, and just on the NBC Extra Windows phone APP.   No problem on the website for this programming, and no other problems on the app.

I've not been able to find a way to contact Fios about this via email or chat.   Will try calling when I get a chance but I figure I'm not the only one having this.   

Seems to be some sort of problem with the authorization for this category of content not getting cleared to the app.

0 Likes
Re: Content not authorized on NBC Sports
Liverpool11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unable to watch any NBC Sports Netweork programming on this app eventhough I have the Prime HD package which includes NBC Sports Network. This happens with a Windows or Android phone. I think there is an authorization problem between Verizon and the app. I have tried deleting and re-installaing with same result.