Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Enigma101
0 Kudos

Downton Abbey

Just learned today that several people in my office are switching back to Comcast because they offer Downton Abbey on Demand -- back to Season 1. I'm giving it serious thought as well. It's the hottest series that everyone is talking about. Hard to believe that Verizon thinks little of customer satisfaction. I think there will be many defections back to Comcast due to overall frustration with Verizon!
Silver Contributor II
Bobbo527

Re: Downton Abbey

Sorry, but the lack of Downton Abbey, or any other program on VOD is not going to cause me to ever go back to Comcast, the worst cable company on the planet. If I want to see it so badly I'll buy the blu-ray.
Contributor
CUSTOMERUNHAPPY

Re: Downton Abbey PBS on demand

WOW-I should hve come here first.  I just got the run around for hours....typing on-line, on the phone etc. 

I was trying to find Downton Abbey on demand or in flexview, couldnt find it so i asked via computer and then phone.  First I was told I could get seasons I and II but my internet set up wasn't complete. Total nonsense!  After being passed to three people over an hour, I finally hang up out of frustration. Later I called on the phone. Did get a good rep in sales that offered a credit for my trouble and passed me to support.  We rebooted etc  etc.  Finally I could see that I could ask for ARGO so I guess I have flexview after all.

There is so much I am not happy with.  I find the on demand to be too user unfriendly....needing to drill down through pages and pages of lists to get what you want;  waiting way too long for the on demand page to load, the widget page to load and the picture sometimes picsulates in spots.   Was with Comcast for 15+ years and finally caved to Verizon/Fios but I regret it.  Oh ya, i forgot another important one, on demand isnt as up to date as it was on Comcast.  I dont know the reasons for all this but as a customer I will go where the services I want are available.  Why PBS doesn't have an arrangement with FIOS but PBS does with Comcast and other cable companies is not my concern.  For my region (Boston area) I prefer Comcast.

Nickel Contributor
JohnCF
0 Kudos

FiOS VOD is lacking in content and in useability.

We have a Roku streaming media device and watch all the seasons of Downton Abbey among many other shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Streaming, and Hulu Plus. 

Many newer smart tvs, gaming consoles, and bluray players also support these streaming apps so check them out.

Contributor
mainstreetgirl
0 Kudos

I agree

Contributor
Aleknit

I just kept my amazon account to watch downtown Abby and other shows verizon wants to charge for I have a Samsung tv and its a widget so is fios so I don't need a box in my bedroom saves me the 12 bucks a month amazon cost me 89 a year but I also get free shipping on stuff I buy from them. Not a bad deal

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411