Extreme HD Package Warning
MrsDeczy

After considering a switch to Comcast for a much better price, I decided to upgrade my services and stick with Verizon for their 'double up' deal.  I spent a good 5 hours this past week online searching the site and engaging in 'chat' sessions when I settled on the Extreme HD package because the website says HBO and Showtime are included in the tv bundle and this was confirmed to me by the chat agent. 

Two days later and still no HBO or Showtime so after 50 minutes online in technical chat (in addition to the half hour or so on the phone yesterday with tech because none of my boxes were working) I find out that I do not have these channels and must pay extra if I want them. 

I called verizon on the phone and am told "sometimes the chat people give out incorrect information", 'yes the website is misleading' and "you should have done the order over the phone".  What?  The website encourages everything to be done online.  I selected the two year contract to lock in my price of $119.99 including the movie channels but the phone assistance says I don't have a contract and the website says I have a $105.98 a month package without movie channels.  Now they tell me I can add the channels with a 12 month discount price which brings my monthly price over my email confirmed price and only for a year, not the original two.

These are really shady business practices and I'm concerned I'm locked into this for the next two year.  I regret not saving my chat but after the amount of time I spent doing it I was way to tired to even think about that.  Maybe that's their plan.

I plan to take this further up on Monday when businesses are open again.  Comcast, here I come.  Beware of Verizon.  Document everything before you agree to something.

0 Likes
Re: Extreme HD Package Warning
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MrsDeczy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Extreme HD Package Warning
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could get your issue resolved! Let us know if you have any other issues for us by posting here on the public board.

Best,

Art

0 Likes