FIOS GUIDE and Weather channel 49
jl12morrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new guide is atrocious. What genius engineer came up with this and what bunch of dummies tested it

and decided this HAD to replace the current guide?

We'll also give no option to choose a guide!

I can't even begin to list all the things wrong with it. Speed, readability, speed, won't hold a mode, speed, inserts

on demand movies into the guide (gotta find a setting to turn that off, not buying any movies till the guide is fixed!) , SPEED!!!...

Now it rains for like the first time in months and I go to look at the radar on 49 which I loved and get commercials followed by

weather around the country. I don't give a rats **bleep** about where its raining in the U.S. I want to know where its raining in Dallas, TX.

Just for the record Verizon, my contract is up soon!

Re: FIOS GUIDE and Weather channel 49
stuju2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in DFW as well. The Channel 49 radar loop has been replaced by The Weather Channel.

The Weather Channel is also on channel 119.

I have two The Weather Channels.

I created this account solely because this is outrageous.

Does anyone know about an alternative channel that is strictly local weather?

0 Likes
lckneggs
Enthusiast - Level 1

this stinks.  I agree.  We don't need two channels of national coverage.  Why take away our local radar?????????

pay attention V Fios.  We don't like it.

jan778
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree 100000%.  This is ridiculous. 

I am already aggravated with the new format that is sooooooo slow and now this.  I want my channel 49 back the way it was.  If there is an option to go back to the other format where you press a button and don't have to wait 5 seconds between every entry and where you don't have to make 10 entries where you used to make one (like deleting a recorded show), please let me know.  You know change isn't always good.

pamyj8tx
Enthusiast - Level 1

We totally agree! Who made this decision to change channel 49 local weather? Why did we, Verizon fios customers not get a choice about the change? 2 weather channels is too much. channel 49 gave us immediate information for dallas/ft. worth and surrounding area weather, if we need anything further we can use weather channel or widgets and change the zip code. So Verizon Fios what do we do to get our Channel 49 local back? What?

Justin46
Legend

I am pretty sure this is a temporary issue. It has happened before here in the DFW area when there was some issue with getting the local weather data, Verizon has substituted the national channel until the problem was resoved. Just happened at the wrong time yesterday I think (FWIW, I am pretty sure the local data was available yesterday morning when I looked, so I think the local data got lost some time yesterday afternoon).

Bet (hope) it is fixed tomorrow.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Problem apparently fixed, back to displaying the local weather today.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes