Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

    Verizon Business Sites

  • WIRELESS
Reply
Nickel Contributor
doc1949
Posts: 64
Registered: ‎11-02-2012
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

FOX SPORTS 1 Network

On Tues. 3/5/13 FOX announced that their ALL SPORTS NETWORK - FOX Sports 1 will launch on 8/17/13! TV experts project this network to quickly become the #2 all sports network after ESPN in a short period of time. This network will carry Major League Baseball plus college football & basketball  and sports talk shows.

Verizon, let's not make this new network another fiasco like the PAC 12 Network that you STILL have not picked up! Start negotiating NOW with FOX. Comcast has already announced that they WILL CARRY this network in August! Don't drop the ball again-PLEASE!

 

Silver Contributor II
Bobbo527
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎10-18-2010
Location: King of Prussia, PA
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

[ Edited ]

doc1949 wrote:

On Tues. 3/5/13 FOX announced that their ALL SPORTS NETWORK - FOX Sports 1 will launch on 8/17/13! TV experts project this network to quickly become the #2 all sports network after ESPN in a short period of time. This network will carry Major League Baseball plus college football & basketball  and sports talk shows.

Verizon, let's not make this new network another fiasco like the PAC 12 Network that you STILL have not picked up! Start negotiating NOW with FOX. Comcast has already announced that they WILL CARRY this network in August! Don't drop the ball again-PLEASE!

 


You do realize that FOX Sports 1 is nothing more than the SPEED channel rebranded (SPEED channel is going away). Since they lost the EPL FOX Soccer is also going to be rebranded.

 

http://www.thatsracin.com/2013/03/01/102185/speed-channel-rebranding-likely.html

 

Quote: "Fox Sports is expected to announce this month its plans for Charlotte-based Speed channel.
While motorsports will continue to be a big chunk of programming, the company is likely to retire the Speed name late this summer and replace it with a channel called Fox Sports 1.
This would provide Fox a platform to broaden the channel’s focus into other sports, including content drawn from the network’s NFL and Major League Baseball contracts."

 

No need to worry.

Nickel Contributor
doc1949
Posts: 64
Registered: ‎11-02-2012
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

Bobbo527, thanks for the info! I was concerned since Verizon never picked up the PAC12 Network.

Copper Contributor
ronnie42
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎12-24-2011
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

verizion is going to carry it ok dont worry its going replace the speed channel ok and local on fox 5 and my 9 ok dont worry ok

Copper Contributor
ronnie42
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎12-24-2011
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

fox doin g away fx fox soccer fuel channel speed channel is be fox sports 1 and 2 fios is going carry it and all pac 12 basketbal and football we be on new fox 1 -2 channels  and is be local on channel 5 and my 9 ok fios has is going agree to it ok .

Contributor
jojoz23
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

Does anyone know what channel FOX SPORTS 1 will be on with verizon fios? Sarasota,Fl. 34231

Silver Contributor II
Bobbo527
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎10-18-2010
Location: King of Prussia, PA

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network


jojoz23 wrote:

Does anyone know what channel FOX SPORTS 1 will be on with verizon fios? Sarasota,Fl. 34231


Channel 83/583, the Speed channel goes away on 8/17 and it becomes Fox Sports 1

Contributor
jojoz23
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network


Bobbo527 wrote:

jojoz23 wrote:

Does anyone know what channel FOX SPORTS 1 will be on with verizon fios? Sarasota,Fl. 34231


Channel 83/583, the Speed channel goes away on 8/17 and it becomes Fox Sports 1


Thank you. I was on chat with verizon person yesterday for almost 1/2 hr. and they had no idea !!! lol. ???

KTH
Contributor
KTH
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-13-2013

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

If FiOS is really getting Fox Sports 1, why do the on-screen guides for channels 83 and 583 show incorrect programming information beginning Saturday, August 17?  The on-screen guides repeat the same programs in 6 hour blocks and completely disagree with the program listings on the Fox Sports 1 web site.  I'm trying to record the MotoGP races from Indianapolis on Sunday and can't find the programs at all.

Contributor
jdauria
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎09-10-2010

Re: FOX SPORTS 1 Network

Even weirder, the guide data for channel 198, Fuel, does show the changes as of Sat for Fox Sports 2 as of 8/17. Tell me Verizon is still negotiating for FS1 due to that fact the carriage rate is 4x what Speed was. So instead we get FS2 SD only???
 

Account & Services

  • Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

  • Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools