FiOS Mobile App & in-home Live TV Streaming (CBS, ABC and PBS)
Loki7

I saw an article, dated 12/5/2013, that stated the following:  "It’s still not close to TV Everywhere, but Verizon Communications is expanding live-TV streaming options to let FiOS customers watch CBS and Fox stations in several East Coast markets at home on tablets and smartphones."  Later in this article, Washington, D.C., was mentioned as one of the markets benefiting from this expansion.

Well, I live in Northern Virginia and I can stream Fox HD (505), as well as NBC HD (504), to my iDevices at home on my home Wi-Fi.  But, not so for CBS HD (509), ABC (507) or PBS HD (526).  So, it would appear that the article mentioned above is wrong regarding the Washington, D.C. market and CBS HD (509).

So, can someone explain to me why Verizon is unable or unwilling to stream ABC, CBS and PBS?  I know there are other channels that V does not stream but these three are on the top of my wish list.  I know there must be licensing and contractual issues with these content providers and, perhaps, there are technical issues, too?  But, if V is streaming CBS to other markets (e.g., NJ, NY and Philly), why not Washington, D.C.?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Mobile App & in-home Live TV Streaming (CBS, ABC and PBS)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most probably because the would have to negotiate with the channel wners. Some may be willing others may not. Or it may be cost.

0 Likes