FiOS TV: Free Previews for March/April 2013
Justin46
Legend

According to this site: http://www.freepreview.tv/tag/verizon-fios, there are several free previews scheduled for March and April 2013:

Friday March 29 through Tuesday April 2: HBO and Cinemax

Monday April 1 through Sunday April 7: MLB Extra Innings

Thursday April 11 through Monday April 15: Starz and Encore

Always nice to have a brief look at stuff you aren't subscribed to. Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

Re: FiOS TV: Free Previews for March/April 2013
SouthPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 3

This season, FiOS will have all 9 HD channels for MLB  extra innings from In-Demand. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

According to this site: http://www.freepreview.tv/tag/verizon-fios, there are several free previews scheduled for March and April 2013:

Friday March 29 through Tuesday April 2: HBO and Cinemax

Monday April 1 through Sunday April 7: MLB Extra Innings

Thursday April 11 through Monday April 15: Starz and Encore

Always nice to have a brief look at stuff you aren't subscribed to. Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

It is better than subscribing to the 50% off deal and canceling 2 weeks later.Smiley Frustrated I wonder who did that?Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Timgod99
Enthusiast - Level 1
If I record something to my DVR during the free preview, can I watch it whenever I want? Or will it be deleted when the preview ends?
Justin46
Legend

@Timgod99 wrote:
If I record something to my DVR during the free preview, can I watch it whenever I want? Or will it be deleted when the preview ends?

Based on my previous experience recording several free preview programs from premium channels, the recordings will remain watchable as long as you keep them on your DVR. I assume this preview will be the same, if not I will be very unhappy.......

Keller, TX 76248

WWpastor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of all the great Free Preview weekends offered by Verizon FiOS, this is the first one where I cannot record anything unless it is tuned to THAT channel at THAT time I want to record.  I keep gettng the "channel is not subscribed" error message.  Yet, I'm watching the channel right now!  I can record what's on at the moment, but can't record futue programs, even the next hour.  Sorrry FiOS, "epic fail" on this one (as my daughter woud say).

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@WWpastor wrote:

Of all the great Free Preview weekends offered by Verizon FiOS, this is the first one where I cannot record anything unless it is tuned to THAT channel at THAT time I want to record.  I keep gettng the "channel is not subscribed" error message.  Yet, I'm watching the channel right now!  I can record what's on at the moment, but can't record futue programs, even the next hour.  Sorrry FiOS, "epic fail" on this one (as my daughter woud say).

PPV? Pay post view?Smiley LOL

You can probably record what is on at the moment because of the channel buffer that allows you to pause and resume.

I bet that took some time to figure out how to set that protection bit on the content. Remember those items are set by the provider, and not Verizon. I guess you answered the question in regards to recording now or later, and viewing later.

What a shame, but it is not FiOS, it is the provider of the preview content.

0 Likes
WWpastor
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reviewing my situation further, I can record on 3 of the 24 channels that are part of the Free Preview Weekend.  I guess 3 is better than none.  However, my previous post holds true aside from this.

0 Likes
WWpastor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so it is HBO and Cinemax that is allowing me to view the channel(s) but limiting my ability to record.  I'm the first person to say, "Hey, it's free, enjoy!"  So I shall do just that.  Thanks for the reply.  I now know something new.