Free HBO?
Foxtaur

I received an email on May 15 from "Verizon Services" telling me that I should now be receiving free HBO until 8/31/2013.

However, when I tune to channels 400 or 899 as directed, I only receive a message that I need to call for service on those channels.

Is this because I am a CableCard subscriber?

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Foxtaur wrote:

I received an email on May 15 from "Verizon Services" telling me that I should now be receiving free HBO until 8/31/2013.

However, when I tune to channels 400 or 899 as directed, I only receive a message that I need to call for service on those channels.

Is this because I am a CableCard subscriber?

Shouldn't have any effect.  May be the offer, whatever it is,  hasn't kicked in.  Note also you need to make sure to cancel theHBO service, assuming you don't want to pay for it, before 8/31, or they will probably automatically start billing you for it.

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO?
Foxtaur

Hi, and thanks for taking a look at my issue.

I'll go ahead and quote from the email:

Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® TV customer! As a token of our appreciation, we are now including HBO® in your FiOS® TV programming package. There is no additional cost to you and no action is required.

Simply tune to channel 899 HD (400 SD) to start watching the best Hollywood movies and award–winning original programming. We will automatically remove it for you after 08/31/2013.

Please enjoy the best programming FiOS® has to offer and let us know if you want to keep watching HBO®.

Sincerely,

Arturo Picicci
Director, Customer Relationship Marketing

It seems to say pretty clearly that I don't have to do anything.  I don't have to call someone, I don't have to enable anything, I don't have to disable anything at the end.  It should all be automatic.

But, I followed the instructions, and I tuned to channels 899 and 400, and I don't receive on those channels.

0 Likes