• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
viol8tor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Not happy at all.

I live in a community where basic BrightHouse cable is "Free" (included with our dues.)

The ONLY reason I went with FiOS is for Funimation. Without Funimation, I might as well switch back to BrightHouse and save a bundle.

In fact, I will vote with my wallet and make sure that I AVOID any service related to Verizon. I was going to switch back to Verizon Wireless from AT&T, but they have no chance of winning this customer back (5 lines of cell service.)

It's obvious by their actions that Verizon is concerned with their bottom line and not necessarily customer satisfaction.

I doubt very much that any of this will be read or taken into consideration. Big companies have obligations to their bottom line, but unfortunately, they tend to be short-sighted and cannot understand the full, long term ramifications of their decisions.

- Disappointed

Contributor
CRM3035

I have to say it is rather disheartening every time I press 262 and see the FUNimation Channel is no longer there. I have to say it is only one of three channels that I watch during the course of the year. The other two channels are Hockey related....so when the Cup is won my TV viewership will be over till next hockey season. I guess I will cancel cable till the next hockey season begins and save myself a few bucks. The FUNimation station was a good break from the societal norms and a release from real life inclusive of work. I am rather upset that they did not even bother moving it to an HD channel, I would have been sold on the upgrade. Instead a quasi rumor of on demand. Please on demand. I pay for the shows for the day? Come on that adds up. It would be cheaper to buy the Seasons of said Anime from FUNimation themselves. What is quite funny as well is the TWITTER haters out there as well. Verizon you are eating some bad PR on this one. I hope you reconsider your decesion.

Copper Contributor
justdigi

[ Edited ]

Hey Verizon Higher Ups....

Notice that the 'Funimation' topic on the 'Share your ideas with Verizon' is now #2.  The only higher rated 'suggestion' is adding BBC America HD.  Here's the rub:  The BBC request is from 2010, while the Funimation one has only been out there about 6 ****WEEKS****....

You were saying that the channel wasn't popular.  I say horse hockey.  Can you perhaps reconcile how the Funimation topic will soon overtake the BBC HD topic in popularity?  Can you also explain why, if no one watches/cares about the station, how it will surpass your #1 topic in a lot less time than 18 MONTHS (that the BBC HD request has been out there)?

------

Can you also explain how the Tennis Channel is back on the platform with only 91 votes (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Tennis-Channel/idi-p/342659), yet we have not heard BOO from you in regards to Funimation which (as of this writing) is closing in on 300 votes (more than 3 TIMES AS MANY)??

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Funimation/idi-p/408639

Is there a double standard here?

Contributor
DreamerX

Please put back the Funimation Channel

Copper Contributor
molitar

[ Edited ]

**bleep** VERIZON!!!!   They terminate our channel than they **bleep** raise the **bleep** prices!!!!  **bleep** **bleep**!!!!!

I've made the decision I'm cancelling tv.. I can download the only 2 shows I watch now.. Psych and Grimm. when the new season come on I will download Dr. Who.. but no more Tv for me... If I do decide to go back to TV that portion will be Brighthouse as they do have the On Demand Anime Network which is still better than no channel like Fios programming crap.

Copper Contributor
Rush2112

[ Edited ]

Good morning Verizon,

Thought I'd take a moment out my morning to tell you all what a cultural cesspool your channel line up currently is.  Nothing but Jesus, sports, reality shows and home shopping networks.

I would also like to add that I don't give a **bleep** what your other customers want.  I'm not paying $150 a month to make a bunch of {keep it courteous} happy!

I can't believe Verizon has the gall to say removing a station somehow increases the value to it's entire viewership.  It only increases Verizon's profit they have zero intention of replacing the content with anything of equal value.  Just more cheap filler.

Most sincerely yours,

Rush2112

Copper Contributor
anthonyjm

FIOS is playing BAIT AND SWITCH!!! Have funimation 24/7 on the expensive extreme package for a certain time then knowing people DO CARE AND WATCH this channel cancel it and get A MONTHLY ON DEMAND FEE. Of course its not cost effective if you can squeeze more out of your customers. Thats truley a disgusting as well as a well planned GRIEF TACTIC. This is by far the WORST customer service display ever. Hence why they make people use agreements. its the only way to gaurantee money when they scam their customers for 1 or 2 years

"We strive to provide the best value in TV for ALL of our customers."

REALLY. So can you tell the funimation fans what the BEST VALUE is for us ????? I guess we truely are NOT part of the "ALL"

Copper Contributor
Rush2112

[ Edited ]

Why don't you be courteous and give me my station back Elizabeth S!!

ElizabethS is a moderator for the Verizon forums. A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are unable to access accounts or provide support information. 

Contributor
Jathread

I was Finally Able to get FIOS on Dec. 16th 2011 and the MAIN reason why I got FIOS was for IFUNMATION the ONLY TRUE ANIMATION CHANNEL  on cable. I was only able to Enjoy it for just a little over Two months then it was canceled and gone by March 12th. After seeing a lot of response to Funimation being canceled I do not feel it was due to low viewership since It's the

the only channel that showed anime 24/7. CN has been cutting back in showing anime for years. It went from every late night to

just Saturday night and replaced it with there own productions which have no story behind them. At lease anime dose.

I would LOVE to see the FUNMATION Channel back and also in HD as welI l would like to know the REAL REASON WHY

Verizon would Cancel FUNIMATION. 

PLEASE BRING IT BACK.

Copper Contributor
Kenji

Well, I see our moderators are on task.  I wish they would direct these pages to their supervisors!  Why is funimation still listed as a choice on all the advertising literature that comes to my house?  I am growing rather tired of not having my favorite station AND wondering if Verizon ever plans on being COURTEOUS by acknowledging these ever growing pages.  It just doesn't seem COURTEOUS that we writers can not receive a response.  It is not COURTEOUS to ignore 'valued' customers.  I do not see any COURTEOUS gestures from Verizon regarding these comments.  Since such emphasis is placed on COURTESY in this forum, why is Verizon exempt from providing a COURTEOUS acknowledgement to this all this upheaval!? 

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools