Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
wesbc

Funimation Canceled!

Just got a notice that Funimation is being canceled as of 3/15.

Well Funimation and TVBe was the only channel I've stated to Cablevision that I'd miss when switching back to Cable recently.  I guess it's one less thing I'll be missing.  TVBe I have other ways of getting.  It's going to take a heck of a deal from Verizon to compete with the $69 triple play deal I go.

Contributor
maestrojon

Re: Funimation Canceled!

I just received an email about this.  I'm pretty disappointed.  I originally got Verizon for a specific channel that their channel list said they carried, but when it was installed and I turned to the channel, it wasn't there because they had just cancelled it.  Honestly, if they are really going to cancel channels due to low viewership, we would only have 30 channels.  Variety is why we pay for these stupid services.

Contributor
schmide

[ Edited ]

Dude. This is one of the major reasons I chose FIOS over {please keep your posts courteous}cast.

Well just 1 but it was a selling point.

Rethink please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
Swelt

I  have been thinking about dropping TV service all together, with the loss of the Funimation channel will only push me closer to cancelling. I will just use online streaming content services instead.

Copper Contributor
justdigi

Boo.  Funimation is the one channel I really like on FiOS.  I'm sad to see it go.

Copper Contributor
Bejay

Great, the one channel I watch 70% of the time and it is gone!

Funny how they claim that viewership is low. I would bet that many other channels share the same statistics. If you applied those rules to most of your programming, we'd have very few channels. I don't believe there are that many people watching the other several dozen chaneels. Most are repeats anyway.

Verizon, please rethink this decision. It really is one of the discriminators you currently have. If nothing else, the lack of anime is screaming at you for opportunities. What can you provide for this segment of your viewers?

First you eliminate the funimation video on demand, now this.

I'm mad as hell and very disapppointed, but you don't care right? Would it kill you to provide for this segment of your viewers? There is no where else for us to turn.

Copper Contributor
molitar

Ok my boxes are going back.. I have no **bleep** need for DVR if the shows I am recording is being **bleep** cancelled!  Might be time for satellite for my Tv.   Only thing I will keep with them is probably Internet and go back to Vonage for phone where I don't have to dial **bleep** area code for local calls also.

Contributor
ynk1121

Add me to the list of dissappointed.  They picked a good time to do it.  My contract is up at the end of the month.  I'm going to start shopping for another provider.  Maybe after losing all their subscribers, they'll get the message.

Contributor
geshamlian

Glad to see that I'm not the only one upset about losing FUNimation.  Here's a thought, maybe instead of just assuming that nobody wants it, how about asking your customers.  I watch FUNimation all the time.  I like FIOS tv, but if they keep this kind of stuff up, I'm just going to cancel it and go with Netflix.

Contributor
victrolacola

Access to Funimation was a significant reason I switched to FiOS almost three years ago.

I am not happy at all with Verizon's decision here.

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools